• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

ASTON UNIVERSITY @ THE BHANGRA SHOWDOWN 2019

IshanNandra

Whats up BTF,

Here is the official video to our performance at TBS 2019 this year. The set was choreographed and captained by myself. Mix was made by Dholi Hardo.

Hope you guys enjoy the performance just as much as we did making & performing it. All feedback is welcome. Hope to hear from you all!

Prabhzy

Agree this was not that great. Don’t understand why each year the English chaps want to hype up their scene so much. Any college team in the states could beat them, including beating GCC.
erm ok pal... one question- what are you smoking?

yomamajama

erm ok pal... one question- what are you smoking?
What am I smoking? Excuse me? Listen kid, I don’t need to smoke to tell you what’s true. Your English scene is like a broken record on repeat, doing the same routine for the last 9 years without any differentiation. Get real

JayBainss

What am I smoking? Excuse me? Listen kid, I don’t need to smoke to tell you what’s true. Your English scene is like a broken record on repeat, doing the same routine for the last 9 years without any differentiation. Get real
You're allowed to have whatever (wrong) opinion you want. Just post it with actual valid reasoning instead of bullshit. Thanks.

yomamajama

You're allowed to have whatever (wrong) opinion you want. Just post it with actual valid reasoning instead of bullshit. Thanks.
Listen man I’m not trying to hurt your feelings, and even if I did, what you gonna do.

Your scene just copies dance movies from Nachdi Jawani and SPD. Multiple examples of your team/GCC just blantantly using moves from independent teams in N.A.

PS - to BTF, I don’t understand why he is able to cuss, while I am not. I have been restraining myself for awhile now.

JayBainss

Listen man I’m not trying to hurt your feelings, and even if I did, what you gonna do.
Post angry anonymous comments online ???

Your scene just copies dance movies from Nachdi Jawani and SPD.
Psssht only Step Up 2

Multiple examples of your team/GCC just blantantly using moves from independent teams in N.A.
Ok but bhangra moves aren't copyrighted or trademarked. Did these independent teams invent a specific movement of arms and legs?

Did these teams invent shisha? Probably not. Have they used it? Probably. Buttttt how dare they use another team's moves!!!!

PS - To you, stop being a baby

vaibhav

This was a beautiful set and performance! I really enjoyed, more so than anything, the flow of the set. It felt as if you guys were able to find a good middle ground between "straight-shotting" the set and creating good, effective buildups to critical moments. Dancers 1-16, also, were truly performing, as opposed to only completing the moves; this, I feel, added to the overall memorability of the set. Jhoomer, too, was fun to watch!

Although the formations, movements, and formation all mechanisms were overall great, it seemed as if the males, more specifically the guys in the black and red vardis, were center and/or front for many of the big hits in the set. They're obviously really good dancers, but more variability in this aspect of formations would be nice in the future! I also personally felt that the khunde/daang segment was a little too long, but damn - I really liked the hit going into daang chaal.

Overall, congratulations on the placing! Hope the NA circuit gets to see some more UK dancing like this in the near future.