• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BHANGRA FUSION XI TEAMS ANNOUNCED!!!

Kush

kinnell said:
Kush said:
Manu said:
Wolverine Bhangra - new team on campus, pure folk

Michigan Bhangra Team - modern.
which adds to the confusion of what this comp is going for. I know PDAP isnt really modern either.
Well, those teams were taken more because they were local teams, not whether they fit the judging rubric and have what the judges are looking for. There's nothing wrong with that... BBC takes 3 local teams to fill their seats and I'm pretty sure every performer at that competition appreciates dancing in a sold-out auditorium.
Lol i know kinnell im just trying to figure out WHAT the comp is looking for, since they are taking different types of teams. PDAP isnt modern and isnt local. and thats why im wondering.

not just BBC btw, pretty much every cali competition does it too. well then again cali has enough teams to fill every competition with only cali teams so...

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Ankush said:
KINNELL :

CASE RAAS GUJU GUNDAS DIDN't get in???? WHAA HAPPENNNNNNNN ??? ??? ??? ???
Yeah man, I'm heart broken. We thought we would get into Fusion if we got into Dandia Dhamaka, but I guess they just see me rollin' and they hatin'.

bkahlon1

As a member of Wolverine Bhangra, I realize that there are a lot of questions arising about who we are. We are a newly formed bhangra team on the University of Michigan’s campus. We started out as a group of friends that shared the same passion and ideology of what bhangra should be, solely trying to do something we love. We are looking to form a team that focuses more so on traditionality. Though we respect the other team on campus, there was just a conflicting view of interest. I want to clarify that we are not trying to compete with this team, nor take over their name. Due to the time constraint, we had to pick a group of people we all knew. So yes it did happen to be that we were all Punjabi, but that doesn’t mean anyone can’t join. We are open to expanding our membership to anyone who is interested in traditional bhangra. As we are new to the bhangra scene, we hope to gain as much support as we can at our first competition. We look forward to meeting the rest of the competing teams and having a great weekend!