• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BTF Mixing Ladder Week 2 Wrap-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfried

So after a week of remixing the classics, we have a little bit of upheaval throughout our ladder. We got some rail gaddi, and, well, we got some chopped up Mac Dre too.

[SIZE=small]The scores in this week's ladder were all pretty unanimous, and we did have one DJ complete a perfect sweep this week.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Without further ado, here are this week's results.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]23. NKrishnan vs. 20. [/SIZE]DJ Vox-18 for DJ 1, 1 for DJ 2. Winner is NKrishnan

[SIZE=small]16. Karan Deol vs. 14. DJ Concept-31 for DJ 1, 1 for DJ 2. Winner is DJ Concept[/SIZE]
1[SIZE=small]2. sK vs. 10. NsD- 33 for DJ 2, none for DJ 1. Winner is sK[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]8. DJ Preet v. 7. Prodigy- 26 for DJ 1, 8 for DJ 2. Winner is DJ Preet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]22. DJ Notorious v. 19. GTam- 18 for DJ 2, 6 for DJ 1. Winner is DJ Notorious[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]34. Mr. Deepi vs. 31. First Class Beats- 24 for DJ 2, 2 for DJ 1. Winner is First Class Beats[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]2. Swizzee v. 1. GSingh- 32 DJ 1, 8 for DJ 2. Winner is Swizzee[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]DJ Kaurageous won her challenge by default, as her opponent didn't submit a mix.[/SIZE]

We also had a few DJs drop out of the ladder this week. Birdzilla (Karan Virdi) dropped last week, and Sunpreet and Hi.Mynameis dropped off this week. We have three new DJs joining the ladder this week: Saab, DJ Sargam and AJ. They're going to make a big splash, or they will if they can lay off the Nutella and Narcotics for a while...

[SIZE=small]As a result, the new ladder looks like this (rising DJs in Bold, falling DJs in italics, new DJs underlined):[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1. Swizzee (up from #2)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]2. GSingh (down from #1)
3. DJ Jassi
4. DJ Ra
5. Sangeen
6. DJ Preet (up from 8 ) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]7. Prodigy (remains at 7)
8. DJ Aka$h (up from 11)
9. sK (up from 12)
10. NsD (remains at 10, due to [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]drop outs)
11. DJ Concept (up from 14)
12. SSK Productions (up from 12)
13. Karan Deol (up to 13 due to [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]drop outs, but lost challenge)
14. DJ Anonymous
15. DJ Lakha
16. DJ Notorious (up from 22)
17. DJ nkrishnan (up from 23)
18. Shreyman (up from 24)
19. G-Tam (stays at 19 due to drop outs, but lost challenge)
20. DJ Vox (stays at 20 due to [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]drop outs, but lost challenge)
21. AKT Productions (stays at 21 due to [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]drop outs, but forfeited challenge)
22. DJ MoNeY (Up from 27)
23. Mohan Singh (Up from 28)
24. MinhasA (up from 25 due to [/SIZE]
25. GaganDholi (up from 26 due to [/SIZE]
26. JsM (up from 32)
27. DJ Kaurageous (up from 33)
28. First Class Beats (up from 31)
29. Urban Kinng (remained at 29 due to [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]drop outs, but forfeited challenge)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]30. DJ DHoLa (remained at 30 due to [/SIZE][SIZE=small]drop outs, but forfeited challenge)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]31. Mr. Deepi (up from 34 due to [/SIZE][SIZE=small]drop outs, but lost challenge)
32. Saab
33. DJ Sargam
34. AJ[/SIZE]

GSingh

Congrats to everyone for another successful week of challenges!

The whole purpose (as I see it) is to spruce up the musical talent of all the mixers on BTF and hopefully push them past their comfort zone. As a bonus, we get to hear some really cool tracks, and receive feedback that would usually go unwritten.

Moving forward, I hope more and more people begin to take part in the voting and take the time to write out the reasons behind their votes.

I know Swi's hard at work on this with saleem but having the challenge threads on the main feed really clouds BTF from "Bhangra" so hopefully shortly, we can see a separation of the ladder threads from the main feed.

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
GSingh said:
Congrats to everyone for another successful week of challenges!

The whole purpose (as I see it) is to spruce up the musical talent of all the mixers on BTF and hopefully push them past their comfort zone. As a bonus, we get to hear some really cool tracks, and receive feedback that would usually go unwritten.

Moving forward, I hope more and more people begin to take part in the voting and take the time to write out the reasons behind their votes.

I know Swi's hard at work on this with saleem but having the challenge threads on the main feed really clouds BTF from "Bhangra" so hopefully shortly, we can see a separation of the ladder threads from the main feed.
I hadn't even really thought to do that, we just made it a child thread so that it's not in the main mixes section as that definitely was getting distracting. I'm not 100% sure I want to remove it from the front page feed as the voting (when it gets busy) is only a few days a week anyway, and we're not running the ladder every week. Want to make sure we keep traffic moving to the challenges so people get votes. I advised all the ladder mods to lock down threads after voting as well so really it should only hit the feed a few days every other week.

But if people still feel that way let me know, we can change it. You can of course always navigate to each section (main bhangra discussion or mixes or videos) and get the full list of updated topics there. Signed in users get a little 'new' image next to any topics with new posts. Or clicking the link at the top: "Unread posts since last visit" will give you all the posts since last visit (my preferred method).

nkrishnan

I just wanted to say I think the ladder is going great and I appreciate all the work the mods are doing. This is a nice way for lesser named mixers to get feed back and show some hidden talent. It would be awesome if more people could give detailed feedback like Basim or Swi, because that's always highly appreciated whether you win or lose the round.

Regardless, I'm glad people are getting engaged with this and I'm excited to see it develop moving forward

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
yomamajama said:
can we still join the ladder and challenge for next week?

yeah. give us your DJ name and your real name (or watever you want to go by) and your email.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Thank you nkrishan for the kind words and to the others who have hit me up on fb, via e-mail, or PMed me/responded in a topic/given karma/etc. That little bit of encouragement helps a ton and reaffirms that my comments are actually worthwhile to some :) I hope people actually enjoy reading my feedback and it actually helps the mixer(s). I just write things as they cross my mind, so hopefully it all makes sense in my posts. lol. Also, I try my best to be impartial (not just voting "with the crowd" or bring in bias because I like the mixer). Keep in mind - since music (and mixes) are personal preference, not everyone will agree with everything I have to say and I fully respect that.

All credit should really go to the mixers & mods who are making this all happen. I figure if the mixers can devote time to create these unique concepts for us to sample and the mixing mods can manage all the little things that go on "behind the scenes," I can surely devote a few minutes of my day to provide some feedback.

I enjoyed that this week had a specific "theme" to it.. not that every week HAS to have one, but it made things a little different and more challenging. It was nice of the mods to have the BTF community contribute with song suggestions that they selected amongst. Looking foward to see what kind of surprises we are in store for in the coming weeks!

~ Basim :)

P.S. - Sangeen is still holding spot 5 even though you mentioned that he dropped.

footballforlife

Don't let the name fool you.
Basim said:
I enjoyed that this week had a specific "theme" to it.. not that every week HAS to have one, but it made things a little different and more challenging. It was nice of the mods to have the BTF community contribute with song suggestions that they selected amongst. Looking foward to see what kind of surprises we are in store for in the coming weeks!
I definitely agree here.. having themed weeks every once in a while spices things up for both mixers and listeners. Hopefully it'll keep things fresh and interesting.

lakha23

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜਿਊਣਾ
Is it ok to sumbit in new challenges now, or will there be a new post ?

jfried

voxanimus said:
jake what's with all the disqualifications?
I realize that was unclear. Some people moved up even after losing because Sangeen, Sunpreet and Hi.Mynameis dropped out (ie: disqualified themselves). I'm going to update that wording, lol.

Ssingh91

This ladder seems to be picking up, got some really interesting mixes this past week. Looking forward to week 3's challenges and great job to all the admins and people associated with the btf ladder.

First Class Beats

jfried said:
and, well, we got some chopped up Mac Dre too.

Hahaha just to be clear, I forgot to delete all the sample chops that I made at the beginning. BUT MAC DREEZY IS FOR THE PEOPLE
Thanks mods for making all this possible

Status
Not open for further replies.