can you find this song?

mrbacardi02

I was going through some old home videos and came across a song that was being played. I’ve attached an .mp3 clip of it, there’s lots of voices and laughing in the background. I cannot find the song anywhere on the net, nor does anyone know the song (other than my family and family friends). We used to have the song on a cassette tape, but the tapes have all been thrown away a while ago. The video was from July 1991 and I’m guessing the song was relatively new at that time. Can you help me find it?

Thanks.
Danvir

Attachments

mrbacardi02

bump.

Think i've got it narrowed down to a group called Shava Shava. The singer's name is Nirmal Kumar Nirmal. He actually says his name "Nirmal" near the end of the song in my previous post. I listened to the greatest hits of Shava Shava on the previews on google play music but that song in question isn't there.

mrbacardi02

FOUND IT! It's called "Kalza" by "Shava Shava" (Nirmal Kumar)

Here’s how I found it: I listened to the full home video clip multiple times, over and over and over, and eventually noticed near the end of the song he mentions the name “Nirmal”, I was guessing that was the singer’s name (it did in fact end up being his name). I called a family friend I played it for her over the phone and she recognized the song (amidst the laughing and background noise), but didn’t know the name or anything, but she thought it sounded like one of the UK groups. So last night after my previous post, I just started searching for other groups like Heera Group. I came across a website that listed the top 50 bhangra songs in the UK over the last several years. I started wikipedia’ing all the old school groups listed on that site. One group was DCS. In the DCS Wikipedia page, it listed other groups around the same era, including one group called “Shava Shava” led by singer Nirmal Kumar. I thought I was going in the right direction. I managed to find Shava Shava’s greatest hits CD and was able to preview some tracks on Google play music. No luck. I was certain it was the same group since the voice on the tracks I previewed sounded just like the voice on the home video track I was looking for. I stumbled upon a site called discogs.com which listed some albums that Shava Shava had released. One was called “heartbeat” which is actually the sound effect the song starts and stops with. I knew that must’ve been the album! Opened it up and saw that the track was titled “Kalza”...all this while I was typing “Kalja”! So I did a Google search for Kalza by Shava Shava and it was it!

Thank you internet!

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Dang, that's one amazing discovery journey :p Thanks for sharing your progress and for sharing the song name.

It's probably going to be hard to get a mp3 of the original song, right? Or is it available for purchase somewhere?

Congrats again on finding an ultra rare/old school song,

~ Basim :)