Da Real Punjabiz 2018-2019 Competitive Season Videos

Mehr Singh

Sat Sri Akaal Ji

I know this is a little late, but I’m excited that this is my first post on BTF. My name is Mehr, and I was one of the captains of Da Real Punjabiz for the 2018-2019 year. I first want to thank a whole lot of people for an incredible season.
  • My two best friends and co-captains, Sehj and Sartaj. Thank you for building our incredible sets, and for supporting me as one of the few female captains of DRP. There’s no other two people who I’d rather captain this insane year with.
  • Poonam Varkhedi, my jodi, who fractured both her heels after back-flipping off of Sehj at Bruin 2018. She was in a cast and wheelchair for three months after Bruin 2018, but came back to give incredible performances at Blowout, Nachle Deewane, and Bruin.
  • Nimish Pratha (Voxanimus) who worked tirelessly with us this year to help choose songs, give feedback, and of course, help build and rig our props and production pieces.
  • Amit Kholi (Legitamit), who gave us five fire mixes this year. He’s a truly talented creative, and one of the best DJs in the circuit right now.
  • Iqwak Bhurji (Klasikhz). An alum of DRP/UCSD, and a legend in the circuit, thank you for going above and beyond with our Bruin 2019 mix. We could not have chosen a better DJ to embody the essence of DRP, west coast bhangra, and hip hop, and also make our 20th year mix.
  • All of my teammates, both new and old. We couldn’t have made it through this year without your support, enthusiasm, and energy at practices.
  • Our alumni. I’m grateful to have been able to meet you all at our reunion in April, and I’m still in awe of the 20 years of support, bhangra, and family. Thank you.
On another note, we’re very excited to be taking a group of women to compete at Raniyaan di Ranuaq in August!

And now, presenting our 20th competitive season! Thank you also to the hardworking boards, volunteers, and liaisons, who put on these competitions.

Bhangra in the Burgh 2018:
Roster:
Red: Mehr Kaur, Sehj Singh, Simran Randev, Sarvottam Jalsingh
Blue: Saarthak Mehra, Sartaj Singh, Ashmita Kaur, Karishma Judge
Purple: Sahib Athwal, Tushara Govind, Anjali Mishra, Akshay Kamal

West Coast Bhangra 2019:
Roster:
Red: Sartaj Singh, Amar Paul, Simran Randev, Ashmita Kaur
Purple, Aishwarya Kudrimoti, Riya Sony, Ikjot Singh, Akum Grewal
Black: Sehj Singh, Sahib Athwal, Tanaya Sawant, Anjali Mishra
Dholi: Karan Deol

Bhangra Blowout 2019 (First Place):
Roster:
Red: Mehr Kaur, Sehj Singh, Poonam Varkhedi, Sahib Athwal
Blue: Sartaj Singh, Saarthak Mehra, Tanaya Sawant, Riya Sony
Purple: Simran Randev, Karishma Judge, Amar Paul, Akum Grewal
Green: Kamaldeep Singh, Anjali Mishra, Vuong Nguyen, Ashmita Kaur

Nachle Deewane 2019 (First Place):
Roster:
Red: Simran Randev, Karishma Judge, Amar Paul, Akum Grewal
Blue: Kamaldeep Singh, Anjali Mishra, Vuong Nguyen, Ashmita Kaur
Purple: Mehr Kaur, Sehj Singh, Poonam Varkhedi, Sahib Athwal
Green: Sartaj Singh, Saarthak Mehra, Tanaya Sawant, Riya Sony

Las Vegas All Stars 2019:
Roster:
Red: Nitya Murali, Nimisha Devanagondi, Aman Singh, Saroop Samra
Blue: Aanika Khatri, Aabjeet Grewal, Harmeena Sandu, Bani Ghai
Purple: Varsha Varkhedi, Jaspreet Missan, Ashna Sood, Parmeet Kholi
Chimta: Pranav Deshmane

Bruin Bhangra 2019:
Roster:
Red: Mehr Kaur, Sehj Singh, Poonam Varkhedi, Sahib Athwal
Blue: Sartaj Singh, Saarthak Mehra, Tanaya Sawant, Riya Sony
Purple: Simran Randev, Nimrat Brar, Dhruv Patel, Akum Grewal
Green: Kamaldeep Singh, Tushara Govind, Amar Paul, Ashmita Kaur
Chimta: Aabjeet Grewal

Finally, we’d love to hear feedback on any of these performances! As always, the saga continues.

-Mehr

Last edited: