• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Da Real Punjabiz (DRP) 2017-2018 Season

Sartaj_Singh

Hi everyone!

I know this post is pretty late, but here are all of the DRP performances for the last bhangra season! We've had an amazing year, but none of it would have been possible without a few special people:
  • Sehj and Rekha for captaining alongside me for the whole year, all those hours choreoing, making formations, and learning how to captain really paid off
  • Guransh (Kalerity), Gursimran (GSingh), and Amit (Legitamit) for creating incredible mixes for us to dance to, you all were fantastic to work with
  • Anuj and Simi for making the most complimented segment in our set, the incredible jhummar
  • Neel for dancing with us at Santa Barbara and Bruin. Joining a new team halfway through the season is never easy, but it was a pleasure to have you on the team
  • Harji for helping us out for Bruin, your support and experience is always appreciated
  • Poonam for hitting the coolest backflip the circuit has ever seen, and breaking both of her heels in the process. I'm still sorry about that ;(
  • All of the alumni for supporting us and cheering us on; no matter how many years pass and no matter how far away you are, you all continue to push us to be great
  • Last but not least, all of the DRP members for giving us a family to come back to. Roster or not, this year was a team effort, and everyone was part of the success
Now then, here's all the videos of our performances for the 2017-2018 Competitive Season!

Bruin Bhangra 2018 - (3rd Place)
Roster:

Black: Tanaya Sawant, Tushara Govind, Neel Brahme, Bhavik Shah
Blue: Rekha Nagarajan, Riya Sony, Ikjot Singh, Rajan Bhullar
Red: Simi Gill, Ashmita Kaur, Sartaj Singh, Anuj Gupta
Purple: Mehr Singh, Poonam Varkhedi, Sehj Singh, Akum Grewal
Offstage and Throne people: Sahib Athwal, Anjali Mishra, Saarthak Mehra, Tania Nagra, Tushu Kudrimoti, Sarvottam Jalsingh, Simran Randev, Richa Bhatia

Nachde Nashville 2018 - (1st Place)
Roster:

Red: Rajan Bhullar, Sehj Singh, Mehr Singh, Tanaya Sawant
Blue: Sartaj Singh, Bhavik Shah, Simi Gill, Rekha Nagarajan
Purple: Sahib Athwal, Akum Grewal, Poonam Varkhedi, Riya Sony
Chimta: Aishwarya Kudrimoti

Nachle Deewane 2018 - (1st Place)
Roster:

Red: Rajan Bhullar, Ikjot Singh, Rekha Nagarajan, Riya Sony
Black: Sehj Singh, Sahib Athwal, Mehr Singh, Poonam Varkhedi
Blue: Sartaj Singh, Bhavik Shah, Simi Gill, Ashmita Kaur
Purple: Neel Brahme, Akum Grewal, Tushara Govind, Tanaya Sawant

Las Vegas Mela 2017
Roster:

Purple: Manreet Brar, Amar Paul, Anjali Mishra, Mitthi Jain
Blue: Saarthak Mehra, Nimish Pratha, Tania Nagra, Tushu Kudrimoti
Red: Sarvottam Jalsingh, Akshay Kamal, Simran Randev, Karishma Judge
Chimta: Richa Bhatia

If you have any feedback on our performances, please leave a comment! We look forward to more amazing moments on stage next year :cool:

Last edited:

R_Sharma

Haven't posted in a while, but I had to say that the Bruin performance was easily one of my favorites of the year. Strong dancing across the board, and man, what a fun set to watch. Each segment had its own unique vibe to it and each one had something that kept my attention--mix was fantastic too. You guys have never compromised that classic DRP identity on stage and I think that's admirable in a circuit where there is becoming a tendency to dance similarly/put out similar sets. Could tighten up cleanliness here and there (especially that Neel guy ;)) but can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

Last edited: