• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

GCC 1ST PLACE @ Bhangra Fest 2017

Hardeep

UoB Bhangra & Gabru Chel Chabileh [GCC]
Whats up BTF,

Here is the official video to our winning performance at Bhangra Fest 2017 this year. The set was captained and choreod collectively by Sukhi Dhillon (also captained UoB @ TBS17), Aron Bhuller, Deepak Sethi, Simrath Mangat (Kings Captain), Ishan Nandra (Aston Captain) and myself. Mix was made by myself & Prem Lota.

Placings at this competition were:
1st: GCC
2nd: VASDA PUNJAB
3rd: AJ

Hope you guys enjoy the performance just as much as we did making & performing it. All feedback is welcome. Hope to hear from you all!

Hardo
[GCC / UoB]

Last edited:

JimmyJatt463

Congratulations on first place!!
Awesome set and very creative. The starting was really hype. Jhummar was unique and executed very well. Ending was on point.
I can't wait to see what you guys bring out next!!

BhangraSUCKS

Eh, I was confused about formations throughout. You can easily spot people, especially blue Jodi in beginning, missing steps. I think the only reason people like this set is because we haven't seen bhangra in quite some time, not since the NA season ended. That said, there were a lot of formation and dancing mistakes. You guys did a lot of risky moves; some dancers were able to hit the move, others no, which contributed to the formation issues.

Mix was good, but dancing did not complement.

My total score: 7.5/10. I thought Vasda Punjab and You guys should have tied.

scaplash

Husky Bhangra (retired); KWG; GR
In terms of choreo and concepts, loved how this set brought folk execution and choreographic creativity together. In terms of the overall performance, the visual impact of formations I felt could have been better. Cleanliness among dancers I think could have been improved, but mad props on the energy.

Also, yall definitely have to drop the mix, it was fire!