Help: Translation from punjabi to english

Gugu

New Member
Messages
258
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

Shan-e-Punjab is also the name of a train in Punjab, which may be where they got the team name from.

And all the above translations seem right.
 

Ashqe

Member
Messages
610
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

Oh yeah, what does Pehchaan Apni Nachdi Jandi mean?

P.S. I hope I got the full team name right =D
 

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Messages
933
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

Jaideep said:
it just means roars like kinnell said....LSD bhangra is "roar of the lions: lalkare sheran de". it does not mean challenge
hmmm okay well I turned next to my masi and asked her and she said it literally means challenge...so I take that it could extend to mean many things and roar is a form of that...
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,070
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

challenge (which is in the form of a roar) of the lion = lalkare sheraan de. makes sense :) ......and for house cats, their "challenge" comes in the form of a meow
 

Kanvar

Why So Jaloose?
Messages
337
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

in furr the verses are basically him talking about what happened with each girl.

the chorus:

pehli uddi furrrrr
doogi uddi fuurrrr
theegi uddi furrr
laage kaley furrr

the "furrrr" sound is the sound a bird makes; bird meaning girl kinda like how some people say chick.
the chorus is just saying the first one left, second one left, the third one left, and now he's by himself.
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,070
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

Kanvar said:
in furr the verses are basically him talking about what happened with each girl.

the chorus:

pehli uddi furrrrr
doogi uddi fuurrrr
theegi uddi furrr
laage kaley furrr

the "furrrr" sound is the sound a bird makes; bird meaning girl kinda like how some people say chick.
the chorus is just saying the first one left, second one left, the third one left, and now he's by himself.
Furr is the sound of the bird's flapping wings.
 

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,100
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

anakh = pride but a bit more like a cocky pride (as opposed to honor-type pride), hard to describe lol, can someone help
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,070
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

Mariam said:
anakh = pride but a bit more like a cocky pride (as opposed to honor-type pride), hard to describe lol, can someone help
its the other way around. Anakh is an honour type pride. Not cocky at all haha
 

pushpit

New Member
Messages
27
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

Anakh is the pride of your soul or spirit. so instead of like taking pride in your belongings, so not like ur taking pride in the car u drive, or ur phone, instead its like taking pride in who you are, your background, your culture. definly not being cocky.
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,333
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

PunjabDaGabru said:
Anakh is the pride of your soul or spirit. so instead of like taking pride in your belongings, so not like ur taking pride in the car u drive, or ur phone, instead its like taking pride in who you are, your background, your culture. definly not being cocky.
Well explained bro!
 

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,100
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

PunjabDaGabru said:
Anakh is the pride of your soul or spirit. so instead of like taking pride in your belongings, so not like ur taking pride in the car u drive, or ur phone, instead its like taking pride in who you are, your background, your culture. definly not being cocky.
MY BAD - damn. thank youu!!
 

Karan V

Member
Messages
531
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

Mariam said:
anakh = pride but a bit more like a cocky pride (as opposed to honor-type pride), hard to describe lol, can someone help
cockyness would be hankar
 

Argnabh

New Member
Messages
137
Kashni?

Really interesting answers and informative stuff...

What does "Kashni" mean? As in nee ik meri akh kaashni? Is that the color of someone's eye?
 

sprite

New Member
Messages
23
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

apne begane-it means "our own" who have done wrong...so like.."our own haters" or "our own shady people" basically.
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

sprite said:
apne begane-it means "our own" who have done wrong...so like.."our own haters" or "our own shady people" basically.
Much appreciated.

A few more that I really need to truly understand. I don't forget you guys helping me out, this really helps me a lot. ;)

Here are some song titles (and by some, I mean a lot_, but I've never figured out what they mean:

Gehre
Nachna Onda Ni
What does the main lines in Char Panj mean? Char Panj is 4 5, right? What are Nirmal and Ms. Pooja singing about?
Naseebo
Chanday
Suhe Suhe
Doriya
Bagge Bagge
Does Bas Kar mean Stop?
Boli Pani? My hindi/gujju translation is getting "Speaking Water". I dont think that's right.
Dhulla
Hawawaan - Does this have to do with wind?
Shera Dhi Korm
Shera Vargi Jaan... I cant figure out Vargi...
Main line of Phattey Chak De (one of my favs) but I dont remember how it goes.

Thanks again guys. You rock. :)
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,333
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

kinnell said:
sprite said:
apne begane-it means "our own" who have done wrong...so like.."our own haters" or "our own shady people" basically.
Much appreciated.

A few more that I really need to truly understand. I don't forget you guys helping me out, this really helps me a lot. ;)

Here are some song titles (and by some, I mean a lot_, but I've never figured out what they mean:

Gehre
Nachna Onda Ni
What does the main lines in Char Panj mean? Char Panj is 4 5, right? What are Nirmal and Ms. Pooja singing about?
Naseebo
Chanday
Suhe Suhe
Doriya
Bagge Bagge
Does Bas Kar mean Stop?
Boli Pani? My hindi/gujju translation is getting "Speaking Water". I dont think that's right.
Dhulla
Hawawaan - Does this have to do with wind?
Shera Dhi Korm
Shera Vargi Jaan... I cant figure out Vargi...
Main line of Phattey Chak De (one of my favs) but I dont remember how it goes.

Thanks again guys. You rock. :)
Nachna ounda ni = Doesn't know how to dance.
Char Panj song = I think it's like Nirmal has 4-5 girlfriends
Naseebo = lady
Chanday = flag
Suhe Suhe = dark dark
Doriya = there are lots of meanings for this, it can mean something in the hair.. write down a line from the song
Bagge Bagge = ran away
Bas kar = Stop it
Boli Pani = Water spoke
Dhulla =
Hawaan = Wind
Shera di Korm = Like same caste as a tiger
Shera vargi jaan = strength like a tiger
Phattey chack den gi ni hege sukh naal mitran de yaar baade = I think it means, don't worry if I get in trouble I have lots of friends.. something on the line of that.

May not all be right :)
 

chijatt

New Member
Messages
294
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

I thought it was Boli Pauni Peniyeh....like je nachne mitra naal ta boli pauni peniyeh

It has something to do with dancing with your friends I think.
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,333
Re: Bakre Balaunde?

boli pauni peniyeh means you have to sing. j nachne mitra naal ta boli pauni peniyeh means if you want to dance with your friends you have to sing ;)
 
Top