• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Joshiley Jawan @ Bhangra at the Bell Last Performance Ever

gursh313

Psant said:
I am seriously going to miss JJ jhummar segments.
Word, this jhummar was straight fire. This was my favorite out of all of your performances; very well executed routine and a great way to say farewell to the circuit. JJ will be missed and I wish you guys good luck in whatever endeavor you pursue now.

puttsardar98

This set was amazing! JJ really brought it, as they always do. I'm curious to know what prevented them from getting first or second? What did CMU or FAUJ have that was better? Any reviews on their set? Congrats to JJ though. Regardless of the placing, this set will be talked about for a very long time...

mithu

puttsardar98 said:
This set was amazing! JJ really brought it, as they always do. I'm curious to know what prevented them from getting first or second? What did CMU or FAUJ have that was better? Any reviews on their set? Congrats to JJ though. Regardless of the placing, this set will be talked about for a very long time...

FAUJ's set was amazing. I think gimmick at the end brought it home for them for first.

If I had been judging I would have given CMU and JJ a tie. And have no 3rd place.

JJ and CMU was just too close to call.

SoulJatt

Robby Benipal
The Akh Toonehari during the daang segment was my favorite, that shit was hott.
Elite 8 performance was one of the best. Goodluck to whatever you guys will be doing.

Jagga515

Armaan Kapoor said:
LOL, the guy at 3:57. haha but for real, this was a SICK performance. And the video does 0 justice to the mix, it was absolutely filthy. It was incredible to watch live from the balcony and a great way to end the show and JJ's legacy. It's been a pleasure watching you guys over the years, i hope ya'll pull a michael jordan on us.
the guy at 3:57 would be me :)

Jagga515

Shahrukh said:
below you will find Joshiley Jawans final performance of all time.
By far the best JJ performance to date. I am certainly going to miss you guys if you are really done. But some of my best times at comps have been hanging with the boys from the DC/VA area. Most of us go way back to VCU's golden days. I look forward to seeing you all again soon. I love you guys and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

p.s. You're welcome for one of the video angles -__- (the one with my commentary about your jhoomar :) )

sartajjudge

The jhommer was straight fire. Loved the use of so many old school songs like Time Das Ja and Hasna Marh Da.

Rip

Don't want to reiterate so I'll keep it short, but amazing set and insanely clean. The JJ style is my favorite, from choreo to formations to execution, its all there, and it complement the mix so well.

Taking a look at the most recent video posted in HD, the part in the shikke segment where you guys kinda walk it off (1:07)...I watched that part over and over just to see everyone's individual swag, haha.

Cheers to an amazing team that will be missed!

gssaggu1

UK Bhangra: St George's // Vasda Punjab
Absolutely loved this performance. Right from the start that haik gave me goosebumps! The formations were creative and had that JJ feel to them. All of the dancers have that 'raw-folk' flair which JJ is known to bring every time they perform. It's great to see an incorporation of folk bhangra with such powerful old-school mixes in the recent years of the team. GSimz and Klasikhz was a great collaboration and I'm genuinely hoping to hear this mix soon! JJ would've been great to seen doing a live set but let's hope this isn't the end of the road for all of these dancers. JJ-Jhummar gonna miss those segments! Even in the previous years you've been an interesting team to follow.

Good luck to all of those dancers (who took part in this performance and have been a part of this legacy) in wherever your Bhangra careers take you! From an objective opinion the leadership and passion that your captain displays is evident within this team and is quite a rare find these days. It's hard to find all-guy teams who are humble yet passionate about what they do, but you are fortunately one of those few. Thanks SRK for your help and with all of your feedback youve given to UK teams. All the best JJ!

smish18

Such a sick set. As RIP pointed out, loved watching that walk-off within the saap segment. I just can't get over this set or this mix (10th time watching it in like 24 hours).

Would have been so sweet if I could have worked my way up to get a shot at dancing with you fellows once I moved to DC in a few months! Oh well, fingers crossed this wasn't your last!

Hoya Singh

Would have been so sweet if I could have worked my way up to get a shot at dancing with you fellows once I moved to DC in a few months! Oh well, fingers crossed this wasn't your last!

Guess we'll have to start a new team in DC then ;)

jasraj93

sickk, really wish i could've seen u guys perform in person, shahrukh's jhoomers crazyy ;)

faysal

I was looking forward to this set ever since you told me you guys were doing bell. I'm glad you guys kinda took the feedback people gave and really danced like a team, uniformity without looking robotic or boring is hard to come by. Loved the jhummar and the folk execution of it, def my fav segment, there is only one thing left to say...no one shakes their ass on stage like srk hahahaha <3 see you in a month bro

streetvelocity25

DRP - Manni Mouse
Think most of the points I would make have already been stated, but it doesn't suffice lol This set was phenomenal on so many levels, the energy, nakhra, execution, formations (which were so fresh to watch and unexpectedly pleasant), and the fact that you guys made that stage your B***** :p . This is the one set I'd been waiting to watch for months and the wait was worth it, just wish it was in person. Despite placing third, I think you guys have done something many teams dream of accomplishing, which means going down in the history books as being one of THE BEST bhangra teams ever. It will not be forgotten, I want to show my kids these videos one day lol. For that I commend you and congratulate your amazing performance, first or not, you know you guys won the hearts of every member of this community.

That's the real Trophy.

smish18

Hoya Singh said:

Guess we'll have to start a new team in DC then ;)

That would be awesome! Count me in :D

Sher

Shahrukh and Shahzaib with the cute nakhra (meant in the gayest jj-est way possible) during mela.

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
First and foremost, I think I know how the khunda trick was pulled off, but I will never tell. I'll double check with SRK to make sure I'm right.

Ok now, HOLY MOTHER OF lnak;lsndg;asg;asjdg;adgahbs;gbaj That was incredible. Formations were awesome, choreography was fantastic, mix with the video doesn't do the mix justice. Aman di awaz bohut hi vadiya.

2:56 Jaggi's reaction. I had the same feeling. And that trinity formation at around 3:13 was superb. The simple yet cleanliest thing ever. And my favorite part besides the jhummar, SRK's lak move into the hop moving to the audience's right with the spin back, couldn't have timed it any better, though the second one was off by a hair, i'm talking some narrow margins. And that jhummar OH WOW. It was so smooth, that you could have been holding a sleeping baby and the baby wouldn't have felt any movement. JUST BEAUTIFUL.

This is exactly what you would expect of a JJ routine, clean formations, some nasty choreo tuned to perfection, and obviously the perfect song selection. Movement, timing, all on par 99.9% even at that I would say this is 1st place. So if that's what this performance was, I'd like to see what beat it out.

As for the song selection, no words to describe how I feel. A few days ago, I was actually thinking about whether I would ever see someone using that Star Crazy track, and what do you know, JJ did, and Apna Sangeet, lol, fracking loved it. Sad to know this is goodbye for JJ on stage, but SRK, doesn't mean I'm saying bye to you anytime soon, actually I'll be saying what's happenin to you in April (hopefully) when I roll through DC. Best of luck to all future endeavors to all of you guys.

priyam

whats the song at 5:06 (aaja ni aaja tenu) ??

POST THE MIX 8)

And, JHUMMAR WAS SO SO SMOOTH. <3