• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Joshiley Jawan (Co-ed) @ Aaj Ka Dhamaka 2016

Shahrukh

Whatup bhangra lovers,

Here is our video from AKD. This performance could not have happened without the immense passion my teammates have for bhangra, thank you all so much for coming through and helping me share this set with everyone. Shout out to Megha for helping me organize everything, and Dilbagh, Shahzaib for helping with the set. This is our last performance (4th time) I promise this is it. Anyways, hope you all enjoy it!

Dancers
McDonalds- Shahrukh Khan, Shahzaib Khan
Captain America- Megha Bagai, Shruti Murali
Cam Newton- Dilbagh Nagi, Ravi Marwaha
Wiz Khalifa- Surabhi Swarup, Shalini Ray
The Knicks- Vick Singh Sodhi, Kyle Pfeiffer
Watermelon- Jillian Carrigan, Sonia Kaur Singh
Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers- Samarth Gola, Bhavin Gala
India- Jessi Jassal, Karem Saund

Intro by Klasikhz- Because, who else?

Mix by Aditya Krishnamurthi - There are so many video game effects in here, it was a blast making the mix with you man (Look out for the Star Wars and Zelda stuff) *If you want the mix, reach out to the DJ directly, he said he will give it to whoever asks = )

Khudahafiz!

Mr. Mankiran

A1 set that lacked that little extra burst of energy that teams of this caliber usually bring. The first 2-3 min and some segments towards the end were as good as I've seen in a while. Set def had that early 2000s feel to it.

I enjoyed it a lot overall.

Gsimz

Ne Asi Gabroo Desh Punjab De ;)
Glad you guys slowed down the set when the status quo is to be 95 bpms or above. I felt the energy wasn't the same as it has been in past performances, but overall good stuff. SRK just keep dancing. So wut.

desi99

Aruan S.
Mix was refreshing to hear, not too many effects and or any songs butchered...and a lot of good classics
finally a GTV video, where I didn't have to shut it off after 3 minutes of watching.
set was simple and clean, but powerful however if everyone danced like the guy at 2:16, as a unit, it would have been even
better performance (try practicing without the use of mirrors during the last month of practices, all the best teams should!!)... good work,
Bhangra never retires....

Lally

Good set, clean through out most of the performance, a good balance of traditional and modified moves. The mix was dope too! Beginning sapp intro was too slow for me and SRK bro, you gotta smile more!

nathan.e

I really felt the throwback, and I appreciated that this set wasn't going 100,000 mph the entire time which is more and more becoming the norm. Always a pleasure watching yall, don't stop dancing. ..and it certainly sounded a lot like some old UVA mixes ;)

gssaggu1

UK Bhangra: St George's // Vasda Punjab
Good to see you guys back - and going co-ed is always a new kettle of fish. Opening (who else!) was cool and I liked elements of the choreo popping up throughout segments eg. jhoomer lookback, khundeh bethka. Slower opening with shikkeh could've been shortened before the breakout but picked up really well. Pace of the set is hard, parts were balanced and graceful while others needed a little more punch. Good throwback with song selection!!

Varan Rakhra

bas iko varr boldi dunali te doji vari VARAN bolda
SRK! First off you ain't retiring, bas kar :) secondly kudos to you man! Way to bring a set that empathizes bhangra more so rather than speed and running all alround stage. I hope more collegiate teams take this to notice and bring back a trend of more "pure" bhangra sets. I actually enjoyed the Tin Taara shikay starting and khuday chaal was hot.