Lalkar Bhangra Competition 2018 Registration Packet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BTF,

Happy New Year! Delaware Sikh Awareness Coalition is excited to announce the very first Lalkar Bhangra Competition 2018 to be held on April 28th, 2018. The competition will take place at Gauger Cobbs Middle school in Newark, Delaware (50 Gender Rd, Newark, DE 19713) at 5PM.

The competition is open to both collegiate and independent teams, and we will be accepting a total of 8 teams for the competition. Below are the prize money distributions for first, second, and third place respectively:

1st. $2000
2nd. $1000
3rd. $500

The registration is officially open to all teams interested in applying for the competition. Please fill out the application packet, along with a 2-3 minute video of the routine your team will be performing at the competition, and a $75 refundable application fee to lalkar.bhangra@gmail.com . the early registration deadline is no later than 11.59 PM on Feb 25th, 2018. Late registration deadline is March 04th, 2018, and will include a fee of $100.

Other details such as judges applications and after party information will be released soon.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A VIDEO OF A PREVIOUS COMPETITION ROUTINE.

Please find the link to the application packet below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScd8f1nSqG3_k43vqbde7psttbjM2yQ9AOIKzSHp7RbAX_rSw/viewform

We are excited to start receiving the applications! Thank you for choosing Lalkar Bhangra Competition.

Last edited:
$2000 is the top prize. Mixer on 27 and great after party. Out of state teams can stay in a hotel near the venue for very discounted rates including breakfast and wifi

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
@Charanjeet Minhas & @Narinder singh - please stop bumping this topic. If you have more information to share about this competition, that is fine, otherwise bumping up this topic every few days is not encouraged.

The teams that are interested will apply, regardless. Being a first year competition, I would encourage you to spend more time on figuring out how to make this the best experience it can be for teams, audience members, judges, etc rather than adding repeated information or adding useless posts in this topic.

Thanks,

~ Basim :)

Last edited:
@Charanjeet Minhas & @Narinder singh - please stop bumping this topic. If you have more information to share about this competition, that is fine, otherwise bumping up this topic every few days is not encouraged.

The teams that are interested will apply, regardless. Being a first year competition, I would encourage you to spend more time on figuring out how to make this the best experience it can be for teams, audience members, judges, etc rather than adding repeated information or adding useless posts in this topic.

Thanks,

~ Basim :)
Assi anjane vich aave kuch kuch likh baithe
Tanu khush karn lage tera dukh bun baithe

Thanks, Basim, for pointing that out. Appreciate that dear. We will keep the inputs you dished in mind. A typical case when a non-curated, raw, gesture of help hurts not embalms!

Charanjeet

Today is the last date for the regular applications. Apply today and save $25. $100 late fee deadline is March 4. Thanks to the bunch from the US and Canada that have already applied. You are welcome. We will roll out care and pampering that an artist deserves. Delaware is US's First State. And whenever you will reminisce about the events you participated in, Lalkar will be invariably the first on your list. I am not only alluding to cash rewards and the event arrangements. Media coverage. Mixer. Dinner. Hotel rooms and the banquet hall. After party. DJ. Andx much more.

Welcome and thanks to all the great teams that have already applied. The extended period starts today with a deadline of March 4th. Please free to call 302-359-2155 or email us for any inputs or clarifications you need.

A team had contacted me yesterday because they were not sure if the video clip with the application is to be 2-3 minutes or 3-5 minutes. I was happy to answer the gentleman and clarify the doubt. Just in case there is anyone else with the same question, as long as the clips you send is 2 minutes or more, we are find with that.

Please bear in mind that coming Sunday, March 4th is the end of the extended period. March is THE last date.

Only three days remain for the final deadline to apply to enter Lalkar. Big thanks and welcome to the teams that have already applied.

Hotel Red Roof Inn has been contracted to give Lalkar participants discounted rates. The hotel is walking distance from the venue. Mixer and dinner on Friday, April 27. Afterparty is in the banquet hall of the hotel so that you don't have to worry about driving or anything. A "mast" reception awaits the great "masti wale bhangra" artistes. Have a question? Call me 302-359-2155. Thank you!

Sunday, March 4th. Yes, teams, if you can Bhangra and not afraid of competing with other great teams and beautiful dancers, grab the opportunity while you still have it. Today is the last day to apply. Call me 302-359-2155 if you have any questions at all.

All the teams that applied have been sent the judging rubric. it is the same which will be used for evaluating your application videos and live performances. If someone who applied didn't get it please let me know. Thank you and welcome for applying and we wish you all the best.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Moderator's Note: Locking this topic. Going forward, I suggest that the organization communicate with all teams that have applied via e-mail rather than through this BTF topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.