Local Teams Competing in Home Town Comps

Discussion in 'Main Bhangra Discussion' started by Harneet Kaur, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Harneet Kaur

Harneet Kaur New Member

What are your thoughts on local teams competing in their home town competitions? In favor or against and why?

-Harneet

srazdan likes this.
  2. hsdeol

hsdeol Active Member

how do you feel about it?

Basim, rbansal4494, SahilG and 2 others like this.
  3. Harneet Kaur

Harneet Kaur New Member

I don't think it's a problem. If our team is independent of the comp committee then I think it should be okay. I just wanted to see what the perspective of the current bhangra circuit is.

What about you @hsdeol ?

-Harneet

srazdan and Basim like this.
  4. hsdeol

hsdeol Active Member

I agree. I in fact think its better when teams compete at hometown shows. it gets a bigger crowd (its always fun to dance in front of a big audience), adds a lil more competition, and gives all visiting teams a group to talk to for resources/info.

srazdan, Kaashmoney and sdadoo15 like this.
  5. Prabhzy

Prabhzy Active Member

Imperial College has been doing this since the start of The Bhangra Showdown. They are the organisers of the show and they dance on it every year. There was a bit of controversy a few years ago when some people were up in arms over the conflict of interest. Bear in mind this was when UK bhangra was generally shit. Now everyones come to expect that Imperial brings out a good set every year so no one cares anymore really. Plus ticket sales go through the roof ;)

sdadoo15 and srazdan like this.