MOTOR CITY BHANGRA 2019 thoughts

khehra36

Hello Everyone,
First of all I really appreciate all the messages I have received regarding if MCB is happening this year. We are very thankful to have received so much love and support throughout the years. We as a committee are looking to evolve and learn as each year goes by and trying our level best to bring a great mixture of talent each year to showcase true folk bhangra to our community. We will continue to make efforts towards keeping Bhangra alive.

This year we are thinking of organizing MCB in October-November. We apologize for the delay as we normally would organize it in March but this year due to a number of things we are unable to do that.

So coming to the main reason of this post. We are thinking that there is a lot of debate going on regarding folk bhangra and live bhangra in the past month or so. We would like to present an idea to the Bhangra community. As being one of the first competition that was recognized to be a traditional folk competition. We would like to take it a step forward and actually thinking of making this year MCB into one of the biggest LIVE BHANGRA competition.

We would like to invite teams from anywhere in the world to come and showcase LIVE BHANGRA here in DETROIT MICHIGAN this year!

Again this is just a thought. We understand that getting live teams to apply to comps nowadays is not easy which is why we are throwing out this idea 8-9 months in advance. If we get enough interest then we will look to proceed with this idea. If not then MCB still will be presenting a folk competition as always in music category along with Giddha.

We assure you that if this LIVE BHANGRA idea ends up becoming a reality we will do everything we can in our power to make sure this ends up being one of the biggest and high profile competitions of the nation!

Looking forward to some feedback!

Thanks
Gary Khehra

Simer

Have you considered doing the competition sometime during the summer like July/August? I've noticed very few comps happen around that time.

khehra36

Have you considered doing the competition sometime during the summer like July/August? I've noticed very few comps happen around that time.
We did consider that but our committee is not able to hold a competition in those months due to other responsibilities. Also we look into account other competitions that have tried this strategy to entice live teams to apply but still did not end up generating great results in terms of teams applying to the competition.

MCB since its inauguration have always pride ourselves on promoting folk and traditional Bhangra and thats our goal through this as well.

Kise team nu baah farh ke taa lai ke nahin aa sakde but ehni guarantee jaroor aa ke je teams aa gayiaa taa competition te organizations ch koi kasar ni shadaange.. whether thats judges, organization overall and platform of the comp.

So definitely would urge all the LIVE BHANGRA TEAMS out there to consider this and reach out to us via BTF or email motorcitybhangra1@gmail.com

Thanks
Gary Khehra

Last edited:

yomamajama

Winter time is the best time to hold this competition. Everyone wants to be indoors, especially in Detroit.

No offense intended, I love Detroit.