• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Nachdi Jawani Joshiley @ Circle City Bhangra 2018 (1ST PLACE)

Gvirk92

Hello BTF, here is Nachdi Jawani Joshiley's 1st place performance from this past weekend. We're extremely proud at our boys for improving so much from last year. We also want to congratulate Circle City Bhangra for stepping up their level from last year, the venue was amazing this year. Everything was perfect from the committee side. Congrats to MBT and FAUJ on their placings and all the other teams for making it a fun competition to compete at. Enjoy everyone!!!!!

Last edited:

Bballer

Your guys entry was so dope. Transition into the beginning circle and the 4 guys doing their own thing just great choreography. That move at the end of chaal with saaps at 2:18 was crazy as well. To whoever made the choreo take a bow. The set is there and the dancers are really good as well just need some more stage presence and nakhra and that will come with more experience and competitions. Purple dancer was fire and had much of that stage presence and confidence that was missing in some of the others (modhey, smile, nakhra, interaction with the crowd, etc.). Modhey were lacking throughout the set as well especially during dhamal and jhummar. Your guys chaal at 6:30 all around was the best executed part of the set along with shikkeh. Modhey were there, everyone got low and yet again dope choreo. The level of improvement from last years competition to this year is incredible. Keep doing what you a guys are doing and you guys will continue to win wherever you go.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
This takes the cake for set of the year for me. Refreshing to see this kind of stuff! Of course there were small execution errors here and there, but most technical things were flawless. One thing that was dope as far as technical things go was those angles during saap khichaan. Both saap and khunda chaal hit extremely well. Dancers stayed energetic throughout even if they were in the back. Hope to see more of this soon!

desi99

Aruan S.
Vinay Killed It!!
2:17 was Nastyyy
Well Deserved First Place, Congratz

Last edited:

rmahil98

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh agg lathi

HansSingh

I’ve been waiting for an effect heavy NJ set for awhile. Choreo effects had formations that complemented them, color rotation was smart, and execution from 1-16 was really good
5:50-6:06 was ?

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Nastyyy set. Very well executed. I really enjoy the saap segment. Formations looked great on stage and were crisp for the most part (especially for not using stage markers). The biggest thing that would make it more memorable for me is to bring the energy, stage presence, and grace of your lead dancers through the entire team while still remaining clean as a unit (as difficult thing to do, I know).

Well deserved first place at this comp.

Thanks for sharing,

~ Basim :)

Last edited:

scaplash

Husky Bhangra (retired); KWG; GR
Agreed with all the above comments; an incredibly memorable set. Clean set, refreshing set design in the sense that build-ups and drops varied throughout the set. choreo was a good mix of variation and traditionality. I think what also needs to be mentioned is how physical the set is and how you guys managed to maintain a relatively consistent level of energy throughout.

Some things that maybe could be improved include modhe, which lacked a bit throughout the set, and line formations. They are high risk formations and often times dancers didn't hit them well. Also some issues with moving as a formation. Also, some chaadars were a bit too high, which was distracting at times.

Last edited: