• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NYPD Bhangra and HarmanToor Proudly Present Folk Loops : Sounds from Punjab

Jabar Jung

Your the man, great talent you have. NYPD fusion mix is the best mix in the circuit right now. No mix has been able to top it!

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Thanks for some solid loops Harman (I think 13 is my favorite). Just a suggestion for the public release: I don't think 320 kpbs is necessary since you probably only recorded at 192 or something similar. putting it at 320 just bloats the size a bit. Try converting them to a wav file and releasing them that way. They'll retain great quality and be easy to loop too.

thanks again!

Kush

lol a whole lotta loops people use to make their mixes unqiue are probably gonna make their way onto this album. I can see it being both good and bad. More than anything though, i think youre going to see a few select loops get laced in EVERY single mix, kind of like the bunk DBI Style Loop that was dropped on btf earlier this year. That roll and dhol are now in 95% of mixes. So tiring.

jasraj93

thats sick not gonna lie i was thinking about doing stuff like this as we'll takes alotta time tho :p

HarmanToor

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
Thanks for the comments everyone and hope you guys have fun with this stuff for the next few weeks til the next 13 come out

And Jabar, NYPD guys have assigned me for next years Fusion set and my God this years is an embarassment in comparison to the one I am making, so far with the 3-4 mixes I have finished already. I tried to pick out songs that correlate with live bhangra bolis, either exact same bolis or same compositions so I know a folk man like yourself will enjoy it very much :) and it's all fresh material only 1 or 2 songs max will be in the "herd of" category.

Swi, the files were initially in .Wav format but I converted it thinking it wouldn't fit in this thread since I think 20 mb is the cap? or something like that

If theres a way to get an album with .Wav files here without using those websites that expire, I'd be up for the conversion.

ban3rg

Jabar Jung said:
Your the man, great talent you have. NYPD fusion mix is the best mix in the circuit right now. No mix has been able to top it!

Hahaha Jabar over here, YODA talking over here "great talents u have, young padawan" but he's right!! Thanks for these!! I loved what you wrote too and everyone posting on here (swi jasraj kush jabar) are the types to mix and make it happen!!! really helpin this side of the mixing business grow!

Gsimz

Ne Asi Gabroo Desh Punjab De ;)
Kush said:
lol a whole lotta loops people use to make their mixes unqiue are probably gonna make their way onto this album. I can see it being both good and bad. More than anything though, i think youre going to see a few select loops get laced in EVERY single mix, kind of like the bunk DBI Style Loop that was dropped on btf earlier this year. That roll and dhol are now in 95% of mixes. So tiring.
Definitely agree with you!

Jabar Jung said:
Yeah that mix is the best mix I have ever heard! Once again...awesome job Harman!

Jabar Jung

Arjun said:
Jabar Jung said:

Hahaha Jabar over here, YODA talking over here "great talents u have, young padawan" but he's right!! Thanks for these!! I loved what you wrote too and everyone posting on here (swi jasraj kush jabar) are the types to mix and make it happen!!! really helpin this side of the mixing business grow!
haha hes my idol when it comes to mixing, everything is just so perfect can't even tell if it's remixed or original.

HarmanToor said:
And Jabar, NYPD guys have assigned me for next years Fusion set and my God this years is an embarassment in comparison to the one I am making, so far with the 3-4 mixes I have finished already. I tried to pick out songs that correlate with live bhangra bolis, either exact same bolis or same compositions so I know a folk man like yourself will enjoy it very much :) and it's all fresh material only 1 or 2 songs max will be in the "herd of" category.
ahh shiettt!

SahilShah

15 years old | Tampa, FL
niceee! NYPD fusion mix is a boss as well (in case you haven't heard! :p) haha +1.

Maheep

Nice work man
what sofware do you use caause iv tried a couple and it turns out sounding like crap