• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Old Vardi

KalebRoderick

Hello Bhangra World,

I am one of the captains for Emory Karma Bhangra and as we are beginning to transition into the next comp season, we find ourselves hoarding year's past vardi. I am wondering what the proper way to dispose of them is. I know that it is not okay to just throw them out, and I don't think that handing them down (to whom I wouldn't know either) is an option.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

srikarran

BTF Mixing Mod
I'm sure there are a bunch of teams, new ones especially, who would want to use your old vardi. I'd suggest trying your best to hold on to them and making a post on BTF and DDN looking for new owners in the meantime. Spartan Bhangra has done this a couple times and we usually only end up holding onto them for a couple months after we post them for sale.

Raghavtrip

Tons of non-competitive teams and local South Asian groups also look for rental vardiyan to use at local gigs (weddings and stuff), if you're comfortable sending vardiyan around. I'd suggest posting pics here/DDN like @srikarran said, but also post pics on Facebook and in any local ATL groups. We generally had the most luck lending vardiyan to random groups around Northeast Ohio (who usually don't know about BTF or the circuit), who picked them up from us without too much hassle.

Also, there's a fresh new competitive team Punjab Da Nashaa (Oregon State Bhangra) that mentioned they were looking for a complete set--PM me if you want their contact info to get in touch.

KalebRoderick

Thanks a lot for the help! We’ve actually been in contact with a dance academy that is going to keep them! Thanks everyone!

PBNJ

Bumping this thread - I know a lot of teams have old vardis that they never use. Other new teams can benefit alot from such resources. If any other team has old vardis that they would another team to use, please message us!

DeepMystery

Hi, if your team is still interested in passing down your vardi please PM me! Binghamton Bhangra is looking to get new vardi.