• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Pao Bhangra XVII: Feedback

Pao Bhangra

facebook.com/CornellBhangra
Hello everyone!

We would like to thank Bhangra Theory, Rutgers Bhangra, Anakh-E-Gabroo and Bhangre De Shokeen for sharing the stage with us at Pao Bhangra XVII! The show was incredible this year with a large audience and stellar performances from the teams. Congratulations to Rutgers Bhangra and Anakh-E-Gabroo for winning their respective matchups!

As per usual, for the past several years, we would like to thank Harjot from GTV for coming out to Pao again this year. Thank you for recording the performances, you help us share the experience of the weekend with the entire Bhangra community and we really appreciate what you do for this circuit. We hope to continue this relationship with you in the future!

Finally, we would love to hear feedback and reviews about the weekend from all the teams that came to Pao, and anyone else who may have attended Pao Bhangra XVII. These reviews will really help us work toward making Pao a better experience for all of you in the future!

Please share your feedback, reviews and thoughts below and as always, come to Pao XVIII
:)

Love,
Snigdha Kasi and Kareena Sagar
Co-Pao Directors

Howie Magz

I would first like to thank the Pao Bhangra committee and Cornell Bhangra for hosting such a wonderful weekend. The great thing about Pao Bhangra is that it is a exhibition that feels like a competition weekend without all of the stress that comes with a competition weekend. This was my first time at Pao and the best thing about this exhibition is that it gave AEG the chance to put our younger dancers on stage who only began dancing Bhangra 3 months ago. Everything from the mixer all the way through the breakfast the next morning ran smoothly and there were absolutely no complaints from this end. The crowd at Pao Bhangra is actually better than a lot of the crowds that I have experienced at Bhangra competitions. The match ups made it fun as it gave my team something to work towards rather than to take it simply as another whatever performance. The afterparty was actually a lot of fun. It was held in a fraternity house which my team really enjoyed and we were able to talk to people from other teams rather than be shouting into one another ear in comparison to after parties held at the club. Once again this is a highly recommended exhibition that I think every Bhangra dancer should experience once in their dancing career.