Resources for learning Punjabi?

Jahordon

Does anybody have suggestions for programs/apps/materials for learning Punjabi? Resources seem a lot less organized and available than more popular languages such as French, German, Hindi, etc. I have a decent background in Hindi, so I'm guessing much of the grammar is consistent, but I'd still like something thorough to actually learn Punjabi seriously.

Mans

Does anybody have suggestions for programs/apps/materials for learning Punjabi? Resources seem a lot less organized and available than more popular languages such as French, German, Hindi, etc. I have a decent background in Hindi, so I'm guessing much of the grammar is consistent, but I'd still like something thorough to actually learn Punjabi seriously.
I could be wrong but I believe Duolingo has panjabi. Additionally watching Panjabi movies would probably help as it forces you to practice understanding panjabi. That's how I understand Hindi cause I used to watch Bollywood movies as a kid

hardeep_singh

watch ashke on repeat

knowing hindi isn't gonna help you that much with punjabi, different language different culture.
best way i've seen to learn about language and culture is to find old people and just ask them to tell you of the past and have someone with you that can translate/explain. indian side punjabi has been on the decline ever since partition, find some elders from pakistani punjab if you wanna hear "asli" punjabi.