• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

RPVD 2011 placings

KDave

This weekend was amazing... prolly the best committee I have experienced at a comp so far! Thanks to the AVA girls, Juggie Hundal and the rest of the committee for their help, driving us everywhere, and support! They made our first Canada competition very memorable. Congrats to all the placing teams :)
-Kavina

a.bajwa7

didn't get a chance to catch the music teams cause i was changing backstage, but the judges messed up the live placings pretty bad. great competition overall, had a blast over this past weekend but i feel for DCMPAA, AMPD, and Gabroo Punjabi's as they should have had higher placings. Kohinoor had a lot of mistakes and it seemed as if there was something being played in the background of their set :s just my opinion, obviously the judges get chosen to do what they do because they know a lot more about bhangra hahaha
Live placings in my eyes:
1. AMPD
2. Gabroo Punjabi's
3. DCMPAA

sukhman_hundal

Shaan Punjab Di (SPD)
I just wanna thank the RPVD committee for all of the help that was provided for AMPD!! Everything that you guys did made our experience amazing and the committee was so nice!!! Definitely became one of my favorite comps :D

GSsandhu

a.bajwa7 said:
didn't get a chance to catch the music teams cause i was changing backstage, but the judges messed up the live placings pretty bad. great competition overall, had a blast over this past weekend but i feel for DCMPAA, AMPD, and Gabroo Punjabi's as they should have had higher placings. Kohinoor had a lot of mistakes and it seemed as if there was something being played in the background of their set :s just my opinion, obviously the judges get chosen to do what they do because they know a lot more about bhangra hahaha
Live placings in my eyes:
1. AMPD
2. Gabroo Punjabi's
3. DCMPAA
they had an octapad in the back, to make sounds, it even seemed like the shike sounds were prerecorded or filled into the octapad, nd from where i was sitting i cud see the octapad behind the curtain being used but idunno, shud of been an ultimate disqualification for using an electronic device