Socal Bhangra Official Results

Ricky Kingra

Kanvar said:
great seeing everyone and competing. congrats to all the teams that placed. shout out to the sfu elite guys we kicked it with and ricky from abc.

on a side note about the organization:

one word: HORRIBLE. first of all buses from hotel to the venue for the show were running late and teams that were 4 and 6 (not positive if it was 3 also cus we were getting ready) weren't at the competition and teams that were still getting ready, my team included, were asked to go earlier in the lineup cus the bus was late. second at the end of the show there was some issue with the bus (rumor was it got into an accident, but i also heard their was a miscommunication about booking a bus for the venue back to the hotel) and my teams, sfu elite, majaajna, babc, abc, columbia were all stuck at the venue with little to no word from the organizers on the situation of transportation back to the hotel. we were waiting outside in vaardiyan for about an hour and a half. third, they ended up getting taxis for everyone saying they were paid for, little did we expect that when we got to the hotel we were expected to pay 40 dollar cab fares. when i tried to call the organizer, raman chadha, he was no where to be found. i had to call some volunteer who was very helpful on the phone, but i was still stuck outside with ricky from abc for about 30min with a cabby yelling at us about who was gonna pay the cab fares. when sir raman chadha finally arrived it took about another 10 minutes and a bunch of disorder for them to pay the cab fares. fourth, we were told buses running to the after party would be shuttling all night, yet when i called to ask where the bus was when we finally got ready, none of the organizers were picking up their phones as they were more concerned with going to the after party than looking after the welfare of the teams.

i'm sure other teams can validate the debacle that took place after the show ended and other numerous ones during the show.

all in all one of the worst competitions i've ever been to, let alone competed in. way too long, too many teams, ks makhan technical difficulties were atrocious and frankly i felt bad for the guy.
Yeah he pretty much summed up the entire weekend. It was very poorly run and just very disappointing, everyone can agree it wasn't what people thought SoCal was going to be. No real breakfast or lunch, things they promised to provide the teams with, turned out to be lies. The treatment of the teams was just despicable. I promised that id give a shout out to my boy Kanvar from Peoples since me and him had to deal with the whole taxi bullshit, he handled the entire situation in a very professional manner, even though we both just about had it with the whole committee. To top it off the fire alarm went off early in the morning at like 6, and everyone had to evacuate the hotel.. haha. What everyone has said is true, it probably was the worst comp. so far of 2009. I want to make a shout out to the BABC boys and their boliyan and keeping the weekend interesting. The after party was the best part of SoCal. Also big ups to all the teams that placed, and much love to everyone that came out.

j_gill

AHAHHAAHA I thought at first when i was reading these post that APD brought out a drunk guy, i never knew it was actually some random uncle just pounding mickeys in the back...that being said congrats to APD!

ban3rg

From watching their video (who knows how much longer it'll be up) I would say good job to APD! they remind me a lot of KJ, which would make sense I suppose.

Unfortunately the 3man tower is not shown in the video - no drunk guy either it seems! :-\

Jeeti

Just out of curiosity...the uncle just walked up like from the seats in the audience and no one noticed him before he already got on stage? hahahhaha....that's one stealthy drunk.

Also I just watched the APD video...they want it taken down...but whatever the case i thought it was well done, very KJ-ishh which I enjoyed it...sat sri akal choreo is nasty.

j_gill

Jeeti said:
Just out of curiosity...the uncle just walked up like from the seats in the audience and no one noticed him before he already got on stage? hahahhaha....that's one stealthy drunk.

Also I just watched the APD video...they want it taken down...but whatever the case i thought it was well done, very KJ-ishh which I enjoyed it...sat sri akal choreo is nasty.
One stealthy drunk HAHAHAHAHAHAH too wiked

Shahrukh

just watched the vid
and i gotta say
it was very entertaining

congrats on 1st Anakh Punjab Di

Ashqe

Unfortunately the 3man tower is not shown in the video - no drunk guy either it seems!
Drunk guy was only during JATT's performance I think and the 3 man tower was nasty. They had two one-man towers and the third guy used them as support as he climbed onto their shoulders as the third person on the tower. He actually didn't make on the first attempt, but mad props for keeping with it and succeeding. It was ill.

Oh yeah and the khunda swing was ill too.

Vick

Moderator's Note: Flame-bait. Moderated. Pending review for suspension.

Vick said:
Moderator's Note: Vick, this is the definition of flaming/flame-baiting. Stop.

THE RULEBOOK said:
Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be removed at the moderators discretion.
• If the post is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it may be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Any users who continue to post in this manner or engage in other questionable practices, like trolling (posting in an attempt to engage people in arguments) may be subject to more serious sanctions.

Vick

APD deserved first!... only cause they ripped a few pages from KJ's book... I personally enjoyed the routine...

Vick

CSWSBhangra said:
Congrats to the placing teams.Heard comp wasnt run well..shout out to Jawani!!

One thing i heard of that bugged me alot.Was Babc guys bothering my cousin from jawani .It went from a joke to a sexual remark heard by my freinds from L.A .They really better watch it when in vancouver.Complete disrespect.
Saleem clean up this mess...

Jeeti

CSWSBhangra said:
Vick said:
CSWSBhangra said:

One thing i heard of that bugged me alot.Was Babc guys bothering my cousin from jawani .It went from a joke to a sexual remark heard by my freinds from L.A .They really better watch it when in vancouver.Complete disrespect.
Saleem clean up this mess...
clean up this mess? Well if they come to vancouver and our bothering my cousin while other ppl are there then do u not think that will start a fight? Its just a warning for their own good.
Take your beef elsewhere...if you want to warn them then I suggest you call one of them and tell them directly...no need to put it on this forum.

Sharin

take your beef elsewhere...if you want to warn them then I suggest you call one of them and tell them directly...no need to put it on this forum
+100

Good job.

Danny

Amtej said:
One positive thing was that the afterparty was really good, lasted all the way til 4am without shutting down, which is impressive, hahah
hahaha i was tripping out over the same thing bro! but then someone had to kill the joy and remind me it was daylight savings and we were an hour ahead from the night before :D

Dippy

Crowd was hella dead for the first 4-5 preformances which sucked because in my oppinion those were the best teams!!! NBA tore it up..the "sheesha" part was so sick! very creative!!! too many good teams to pick from..it was just a vast array of styles so I don't know what the judges were looking for. I love Columbia's mix...plz post it!!! ABC...were the shit..I seriously thought they were going to place! :( I guess shit happens...still a good weekend. for all that didn't place just be proud you put on a GOOD preformance and us bhangra "groupies" had a good time!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rampur209

Gagan don't trip BABC didn't do anything these guys were like life of comp. KS MAKHAN sucked at the comp I was glad to be back stage with them and listening to there boliyan. Daman ad raju guys was just kicking it till 7 raju came in to ABC room with me had anjoze in his hand started playing them in harmeets ear it was all fun n games.

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
CSWSBhangra said:

So, you didn't hear it yourself? Your friend heard it? That's hearsay. You weren't there - you didn't hear it in the tone it was said. As Jeeti said, that has nothing to do with this competition - what's next? "I heard from one of my friends that someone from Team X told a dead baby joke?" Ridiculous.

Bharathi

CSWS Bhangra, if your "cousin" on Jawani has a problem with someone on another team please ask her to speak to me, her captain, instead of having a 3rd party who is NOT on Jawani (aka you) post drama on BTF. No offense to you, you might be looking out for your "cousin" but on Jawani we don't deal with issues by posting empty threats on online forums.

Gagan and the rest of BABC, I don't think there was an issue this seems to be a big misunderstanding. We had a great time with our boliyaan wars on the bus on the way back from the venue and look forward to competing against you again in the near future.

On behalf of Jawani Bhangra we'd like to THANK the organizers for a great weekend. Yes there were some logistical challenges but a lot of those were unforeseen. I'd like to point out that one of our girls lost her passport at the venue and the organizers drove out to our hotel at an ungodly hour on Sunday night so we'd have it in time for our 4 am shuttle to the airport the next morning. For that we thank them otherwise we would have had to leave one of our best dancers in Los Angeles =)

Congrats to all the teams that placed APDs 3 man tower was the highlight of the night right up there with the money throwing Uncle Ji.

All in all a very fun weekend, it was great to see everyone!!!! We got to see lots of old friends and make a whole bunch of new ones. We look forward to seeing everyone in the near future and definitely look forward to SoCal 2010!!!!!!