Uchiyan Lambiyan Meaning

Varun

literally means that there's a river and I am, metaphorically, the fish of that river. Come like a crane, and take me away. haha, makes more sense in Punjabi. you get it though, basically a love couplet/poem

faysal

i dont think u want word for word, itll just sound like backward english man, what varun said is the jist of it and yea it does guys so i have no idea how that ties in lol my punjabis not that great either

gill00 said:
doesnt uchian lumbiyan mean tall or big
it does mean that.....unchian lumbiyan talian oh beliya.....talian are trees....soo he's saying, High long trees.......vich ve vage dariya, in between flows the river.........then what varun said about the fish and the crane.......

jeevan

Gurbir Singh Aulakh said:
gill00 said:
doesnt uchian lumbiyan mean tall or big
it does mean that.....unchian lumbiyan talian oh beliya.....talian are trees....soo he's saying, High long trees.......vich ve vage dariya, in between flows the river.........then what varun said about the fish and the crane.......
this.

Jasim

1. Unchian lambiyan Tallian (Tall and lengthy trees)
2. Vich gujri de ping ve maya (In the middle of two tress is swing with flowery ropes)
3. Ping chutay da do janay ve (two people taking the swing one sitting and another giving)
4. Aik ashiq ty ty aik mashooq ve maya (the person sitting is beloved (female) while the one giving the swing is lover (male)

Hope i got it right!! 😊