Week 4 Matchup 3: kRRn MiXeS vs. RSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

Below are the mixes for matchup 3 of our fourth week in the mixing ladder! Both DJs were assigned the song Surma by Surjit Khan, linked below.

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, August 9th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

DJ 1. Both mixes were excellent, but DJ 1 really took a novel outlook on the mix and added a lot of their own insight to enhance the original into a super sick mix. Also, the slow down in DJ 1's drop felt like it legitimately added aunique twist to the mix instead of just slowing down the mix in place of a drop. Great job to both DJs!

TegHans

First one sounded like the template was ripped right from a Frenzy mix haha. Mixed cleanly for sure so I would probably give it to DJ 1.

DJ 2 could've done a lot more with the song, the chord progression got redundant so it didn't do much for the overall mix. Original song could have been processed better too, I felt like it was super lo-fi sounding.

MohitoK

Both very nice mixes! I loved the DJ 2 concept but you needed to do something more on the drop and in the instrumental breaks.

DJ 1 was a straight banger and well done so I’ll vote DJ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.