• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 6 Matchup 5: DJ Monga vs. Sahota Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for matchup 5 of our sixth week in the mixing ladder! Both DJs were assigned the song Stubborn - Surjit Khan , linked below:

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, Sept 6th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

Raghavtrip

Super close, both incredible mixes. I vote DJ 1, the extra layers really enhanced the mix but I think the ending slow down was a little too drawn out.

mogul517

DJ1- mix was executed well but sounded formulaic
DJ2- bass was a bit loud for me, but I liked the ideas more in this mix

I vote DJ2

MohitoK

DJ 1: Cleaner of the two mixes. I also liked the level at which you kept the vocals. No risks really taken since it kind of just sounded like an 808/snare/dhol mix.

DJ 2: Needs some EQ work, 808/kick was way too loud and the vocals were way too soft. I liked the ideas on this one more though.

I vote DJ 2

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
I will echo what others had mentioned it: DJ 1 sounded like a typical mix and was definitely clean, while DJ 2 took a bit more of a risk. DJ 2: I honestly didn't like that your bass line overpowered the vocals so much (please EQ for future challenges!). My fav part was the change of tempo after the cliche "gunshot" drop at 0:31 and then back to normal speed after 0:37. If DJ 1 had done something a bit more creative, I would have easily changed my vote in his favor.

My vote: DJ 2

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.