What DAWs do people use?

oquabili

So I'm a new and learning DJ, and am always looking for ways to get better. I was wondering what DAWs do people use? A lot of my friends in the Fusion Circuit use Acid Pro which is what I used when I started. But over time I've started playing around with Ableton, and like it a lot more. What do you guys use, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of the one you use?

A.JAGGI

I love using FL Studio

goods: you can make your own beats and loops.

Bad: Took me a long time to get the hang of it. Still trying to figure stuff out since I transitioned from using acid pro to FL but once you do, its really nice. you learn a lot about sound,bass, etc.

Highly recommend trying it out. 8)

Jusi.Sahota

Acid is good playing around with samples and chopping them up etc (which can be found on BTF btw).

A great programme to use when first starting out mixing as it allows you to trial and error with mixes. Ableton/FL are good for making your own beats and such if you want to take that route.

shwinerz

Mithu is the guy for this post, hes an Ableton man I think?

I'm a Logic user. Been using it for the last 7-8 years I think. I think nowadays all DAWs are so similar, it's more about your own workflow as opposed to the benefits of one particular DAW. For example, I use Logic, I've used it for ages, I know how to use it, all the shortcuts. My workflow on it is very efficient. If I was to get a new DAW that is apparently 2% better than Logic, I would take so much time to learn the ins and outs of it that it doesn't make sense to switch.

I'd say if you're on Ableton, stick with it, but really learn how to use it inside out. :)