• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

2013 NBA Playoffs

Love

AnkurK said:
If CHI can take the heat to 6 or 7 (strong possibility) - I can see the knicks handling the heat. Chicago will physically drain the heat if miami is forced to go 6 or 7 against such a defensively sound team. The knicks just might sweep in and catch a tired miami squad.
You never know. That's what everyone was saying last year after Boston took Miami to 7 games. They turned around and dominated the Thunder in the finals in 5 games instead.

Plus, Noah potentially missing the first round doesn't help Chicago.

I'd much rather see someone other than Miami in the finals though...

Sawhill69

you guys are also forgetting about the Pacers as well, they are a great match up for the heat as well, i think they went 6 or 7 games last year, even though chris bosh was out with injuries, but i still think the pacers can take the heat

Love

Sawhill69 said:
you guys are also forgetting about the Pacers as well, they are a great match up for the heat as well, i think they went 6 or 7 games last year, even though chris bosh was out with injuries, but i still think the pacers can take the heat
True. Seems like they've fallen off a bit recently though. No granger for them either and Hibbert hasn't exactly been the same. Their defense is solid when they're clicking though.

smp

Chicago got man handled! I still don't see them dropping out in the 1st round though. We'll have to see how the next few games go

Kush

Sawhill69 said:
Even during the season the pacers beat us twice. I agree, theyre our toughest match in the east, assuming NY cools off, which i think they will. But i dont think the pacers are gonna make it past NY anyways.

Brooklyn Chi is going 7, and whoever wins is gonna get swept or lose in 5 max to Miami.

Badwal

Kush said:
Sawhill69 said:
Even during the season the pacers beat us twice. I agree, theyre our toughest match in the east, assuming NY cools off, which i think they will. But i dont think the pacers are gonna make it past NY anyways.

Brooklyn Chi is going 7, and whoever wins is gonna get swept or lose in 5 max to Miami.
Chicago will be seeing Miami soon then

Sawhill69

New Matchups

Memphis and Oklahoma

Golden State and San Antonio

Miami and Chicago

New York and Indiana

I think Memphis in 6, San Antonio in 6, Miami in 5, New York Or Indiana in 7 lol

HarmanSaini

I wanna see Miami and Spurs in the finals. It looks like they are handing the title to Heat, but Spurs will be a great competition in my opinion.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
smp said:
OKC in 6, San Antonio in 5, Miami in 7, New York in 7
My predicitions are in line with Shawn's, but I think Miami will win in 6 (unless Derick Rose comes back & plays like was pre-injury.. then we are really gonna have series!!). I'm a Bulls fan too and I would love to see them advance further. Even though their team & roster has a ton of heart, there is just too much raw talent on the stacked Miami squad.

Should be some great matchups nonetheless! I agree with Harman, the Heat & Spurs would definitely be an excellent finals battle.

Let's see what happens in these next two weeks,

~ Basim :)

smp

I'd love to see Rose return but chances of that happening are highly unlikely. Even if Rose is in full health it would still take him a few games to get back into the intense high speed gameplay. That's why I had a feeling if he didn't return before playoffs he wouldn't return at all this season. The Bulls are still looking good though so far w.o him, hopefully they can put the stop on Miami.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
I *really* hope the basketball fans from BTF got a chance to check out the Playoffs games tonight. If not, go watch the highlights - I promise you, it will be worth your time.

Chicago with the huge upset over the Heat in Game 1. Wade only had 14 points, wow.

Spurs vs Golden State - GS was up 16 with 4 minutes left in the 4th! How do you blow that? Gotta admit Curry was insane this game, but you cannot stop the fundamentals, consistency, and teamwork of the Spurs. Don't turn your back on the Spurs for a second.

Overall my two favorite teams took the W tonight, so I'm a happy camper.

/BTF out

~ Basim :)

singhk1

Heat are going to take it over bulls
Memphis might take it in 7, without westbrook idk how okc will do it Memphis has a solid lineup
knicks most likely going to beat indi
and hopefully warriors beat spurs