• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Alamo City Bhangra @ R2B2 2014 (1st Place)

ampal

Hey y'all!
This is our video from Raas Rave and Bhangra Blitz that happened back in February. We would love to hear all of the feedback and critiques. Hope y'all enjoy our performance!

Special thanks to the organizers at R2B2, we always leave with great memories and DJ sargam for making us an amazing mix!

Side View
Alamo City Bhangra @ Raas Rave Bhangra Blitz 2014 (Side View)

Balcony View
Alamo City Bhangra @ Raas Rave Bhangra Blitz 2014

PS - the lighting cues are a bit messed up in the beginning.

shahrj

This is my first time watching you guys (not sure how new this team is, assuming maybe a year or two), but overall I think you guys have a lot to be proud of. Pretty clean for the most part and you guys had entertaining, high energy props segments that hit well. Some of the later segments could have been smoother/more creative (personally wasn't a fan of jugni), but I think they were still relatively unique and kept me engaged.

Things to work on:

- energy and cleanliness was much stronger during the first half of the set, and there was a noticeable difference between props and end song (this is something many teams struggle with though so not a hard thing to fix)

- dancer uniformity could be better --- there are a few parts where moves aren't being finished and some dancers are doing moves differently than others, but just another thing that will come with more practice and dancers becoming more comfortable with choreo

- not sure if you guys keep up with videos of other teams, but if you do definitely try and stay away from choreo/tricks that are similar to what teams have done in the past (i.e. kunda twirls) unless you do them in a way that's completely different/unique --- it's not a huge deal to most people it seems like, but it makes a huge difference to your team identity if you can be the "first" when it comes to x-factors, and it'll make your set more memorable.

Hope that was helpful! Congrats on 1st and good luck with future comps, you guys have great potential.

ampal

thank you for taking out the time and writing a feedback! Will def work on that.

Aditya

Raj hit on a couple of issues with the routine as far as flow goes (I also didn't like the jugni) so definitely work on improving each segment and completely maximizing its potential. Biggest critique I have execution-wise [SIZE=small](for guys in particular) [/SIZE]is to work on your posture. Keep your shoulders back, chests out, chins up, and necks long. When you hunch your backs you look tired and less confident. You also leave more room for people to start doing their own thing and become less synchronized as a team. It makes a world of difference and IMO separates great teams from just average ones.

All that being said, d[SIZE=small]efinitely some good stuff in here that you can carry forward.[/SIZE][SIZE=small]Congrats on 1st place and best of luck in the future![/SIZE]