• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Ankhi Jawan TBC 2014 (3rd Place) and TDot 2014 Performance

Ankhi Jawan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gU6PtXXaM&list=PLEMkWbLy1PwIbC6MJboBzW2fST8g5g8lm&index=5

Hi Everyone,

Here is our 3rd place performance from The Bhangra Competition (held on the 22nd November in London). It is the same set we brought to TDot 2014.

Hope you enjoy...

BBC

Loved it! The music and choreo always feels right with you guys, they seem to both hit and hit hard at that.

Gsimz

Ne Asi Gabroo Desh Punjab De ;)
Loved watching this. I told Ram this, but I really enjoy the way you guys dance. You guys really make sure the Bhangra you guys do in your segment is executed really well. And I highly respect that. Although I feel like there was a stylistic similarity to NYPD, I felt like everything was so refreshing in the routine --> something AMERICAN teams are LACKING and at an increasing rate. I felt like you guys should of been rewarded at TDot and higher at TBC.

Segment at 6:49 8) 8) ;D -- SO SICK

And the beat leading into the MELA -- SICKKKKK

Major feedback I would give would be to clean up some formations. People were out of lines sometimes and was a little distracting.

Bilal, I believe is in green? He's such a sick dancer! And it was nice meeting you.

Nonetheless, great job this season guys. You've made me a fan! Keep it up!

KironMizanur

Loughborough & Gabru Furteley
Don't really have anything bad to say other than that i'm not a massive fan of the vardi,

However set was sick, utilized a 16 man set so well! Props to you guys, watching the set live was a pleasure.
Got the video downloaded, it's on repeat.
The mini dhamaal (or whatever you call it) then leading up the chicken is the best bit of the set man, hall was crazy.
You guys held it down well keeping the standards after bwars. (Bilal especially lol)

Still don't understand why you geeza's didn't place at TDot.

Anyone know the song when chicken hit?
Thanks in advance.

ishaankolluri

KironMizanur said:
Don't really have anything bad to say other than that i'm not a massive fan of the vardi,

However set was sick, utilized a 16 man set so well! Props to you guys, watching the set live was a pleasure.
Got the video downloaded, it's on repeat.
The mini dhamaal (or whatever you call it) then leading up the chicken is the best bit of the set man, hall was crazy.
You guys held it down well keeping the standards after bwars. (Bilal especially lol)

Still don't understand why you geeza's didn't place at TDot.

Anyone know the song when chicken hit?
Thanks in advance.

The song is Yaari - Rhythm Shakers & Pappi Gill. I always enjoy that segment.

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Sick! Love this performance. While there was nothing groundbreaking or particularly new in it, it was still somehow very refreshing. Also, the formations were extremely entertaining (although I agree they could be cleaned up). Mix was DEADLY. Congrats!

kman58

You guys killed it! This was so raw and there were so many good hits. For whatever reason, I loved the energy in your Jhoomer even though there wasn't much going on, sick set.
Mix was ridiculous, please drop it/a tracklist soon! Until then, does anyone know the song at 5:38? I know it's in the beginning of JK Boliyan but don't know the original track.
UK Bhangra is on fire right now, great job guys can't wait to see you in the states!