• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

B2B @ Giant Bhanga 08 - Rehearsal

Jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OlmkP0oIM

ps..the judges told me after the comp the routine was "too fast"

Jason

Nikhil

I dunno what the judges were talking about. The routine is solid, and you guys are clean. Great performance, you know you killed it at the actual show.

Manjot

the routine is sickk...you guys should have placed easily! (L)
i was going for u guys!

Manjot

and i dont see how the whole routine "too fast"...you have good jhummar songs that rly drop it down...and obviously you need fast songs
shud have placed!!

now Jason make us a good mix lol

Waleed

First off big ups on doing a 4-guy 4-girl routine. I feel that people watching your team for the first time might doubt your ability to pull off this routine successfully. However, I am quite sure if your actual performance was similar to/better than your rehersal, anyone who was skeptical about your routine would give you major props.

Overall, the routine was clean and you guys kept the changing the formations. Kato segment was very nice and way to bring back 'lagni yaari'. I would have to disagree with the judges on their feedback on your routine's pace. Frankly, I thought the jhummer dragged on a little too long! Ending has the potential to recieve some spicing up as well.

Gude job B2B.

Ps. Meistro, I see you dood.

Andrew

Good job! Like Waleed said, for going 4 x 4 you were really able to keep my attention throughout the routine, and more importantly, you guys commanded the stage by using it all up. The only thing I really noticed was that the formations tend to put the girls in the back more than the guys; which will really cover them up when guys have paags on. All your dancers look great and they seem to have good stamina though, do you have a vid of the performance you can post?

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
BTW just watched it and that was sick. especially love the "rotate"/spin after khoo, im sure it has a proper name. well done. any full-competition vids?

Hans

I also thought that was well done. Choreo and execution looked solid. The comment about the dance being "too fast" is ridiculous. I'd be interested to see what that looked like in the actual comp with full costumes and more energy.

My only bit of constructive criticism would be with the way you do your formations. I think the idea of doing an 8-man set with a coed team is very original and has the potential to be really awesome, but in this dance it isn't really fully realized since it seems more like a 4-man set with 4 girls chilling in the back. I personally would find it more exciting if you used the full potential of that idea more, and I don't mean to just give the girls more time in the front. Instead, if you matched your joris so that each pair was 1 guy and 1 girl, I think that would be sick, especially if you work in a lot of interaction between the pairs and make sure the girls are at a level where they're not getting outshined by the guys.