BAB 3 Placings

Kaur

Never been a fan of having music and live in the same category. Congrats to all placing teams.

rsingh90

SGPD, loooot of talking on twitter about their set. want to see what they brought on stage

faizan

Just shut up and dance
overall, all the teams toned it down because bab is a folk as hell comp. (i thought most of the performances were pretty boring due to this). furteelay was the surprise of the night, they came out with a fire i had never seen before on their part. putting pcbca into the music segment was an act of desperation due to all the live teams dropping out. obviously a clean live team will beat all the music teams, seeing as how live is way harder than music. i wasn't shocked to see the placings. sgpd toned it down a lot, and had a good clean set. nothing extravagant. their new vardis were simply amazing. they have the best tailor and ideas outfitwise i've seen. also, they had they best dancers of the night. kgpd's mix was the best of the night, and as last year, they had a great performance. my placings (excluding pcbca):

1. sgpd
2. furteelay shokeen
3. kgpd

thanks to virsa for throwing bab again this year, i will always support bhangra in nyc.

hsdeol

1st
2nd/2nd (tie)
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th

am i the only one who sees ties for second with a team placing 3rd as wrong?

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
Pankaja said:
hsdeol said:
1st
2nd/2nd (tie)
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th

am i the only one who sees ties for second with a team placing 3rd as wrong?
No, you're not. It makes little to no sense. A tie for third is one thing but a tie for second with a third place team is dumb...

I find it really amusing when it occurs because there have been competitions where placing third has a bigger financial reward than tying for 2nd.