Babbu Mann on Lala Lajpat Rai

sargam627

F.S.U.
Babbu's a fucking gangster.. He speaks the truth and speaks his mind. I think they're making this into too large of an issue but it's India..What do you expect?

virkenator

Deg Teg Fateh
This is just crazy.....how did it matter if he was a lala, atleast he stood....singers and writers just speak their mind....they ignite the fire and just watch ppl burn

Its much easy to say then to do....
its a popularity stunt

Varun

Ignorance. Though Rai's death cause is not really up for dispute (he died due to complications from a lathi charge from British Officers suppressing a Simon Commission protest), it seems like Babbu is trying to imply that his contributions to the Independence struggle would not be that important if he died of natural causes. So, ones contributions are ultimately measured by how badass they died? Strange man.

I understand really whats going on. For the past 2 years or so, Babbu has gotten really nationalistic for his kaum (Sikh, Jatts, Rural Punjabis) which is great. I think he is against the fact that those people has not been given due respect in the annals of history. But to shit on someone else's struggle or try to snatch or discredit their respect in hopes of it being replaced to a Sarabha or a Sohan Singh is just hypocritical. The very thing he's trying to fight against for his own heroes, he is applying it to other people's heroes.

And I agree. No one should really give a fuck. Its just a man and his opinions. Indian news media loves to cook shit up for uncles to debate about during peg sessions.

Jatt08

sargam627 said:
Babbu's a fucking gangster.. He speaks the truth and speaks his mind. I think they're making this into too large of an issue but it's India..What do you expect?
I agree, its his opinion and those who don't agree shouldn't listen to it ... simple as that.

COMTONDAJATT

mint gumri
Someone who has no real knowledge about a certain subject should never have their opinion taken seriously. Would I trust a hobo on the street on medical advice? No. Would I trust a doctor about stock options? No. Am I gonna trust a Punjabi popular music singer about the intricacies of the freedom struggle and his thoughts on the leaders? HELL NO. Go back to singing about umbrellas and rainy season Babbu.

Babbarsher

virkenator said:
This is just crazy.....how did it matter if he was a lala, atleast he stood....singers and writers just speak their mind....they ignite the fire and just watch ppl burn

Its much easy to say then to do....
its a popularity stunt
True.

jsandhu

i dont know much about this lala guy but babbu mann does speak the truth like in ik baba nanak si and also his movie ekam....during the past couple of years hes become popular because of his ablity to speak the truth and stand up for ppl

COMTONDAJATT

mint gumri
jsandhu said:
i dont know much about this lala guy but babbu mann does speak the truth like in ik baba nanak si and also his movie ekam....during the past couple of years hes become popular because of his ablity to speak the truth and stand up for ppl
Go read about Bhagat Singh's life and you will surely learn something about Lala Lajpat, he was one of his mentors and idols.

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
COMTONDAJATT said:
Someone who has no real knowledge about a certain subject should never have their opinion taken seriously. Would I trust a hobo on the street on medical advice? No. Would I trust a doctor about stock options? No. Am I gonna trust a Punjabi popular music singer about the intricacies of the freedom struggle and his thoughts on the leaders? HELL NO. Go back to singing about umbrellas and rainy season Babbu.
I agree. Babbu mann has influenced the younger generation profoundly judging from posts in this thread. Im sure if he said Bhagat Singh was a fake, you would believe him too. This is ridiculous.

Sukha

Truthfully speaking babbu mann is getting out of hand. He started off good, voicing reasonable opinions but now hes just talking nonsense and causing fire storms. He's gone from a point of saying things that were true and speaking out for punjab but now hes mad cocky and he feels as if he can say whatever he wants. He recently insulted a audience memeber at one of his concerts.. like jeez the guy payed to come see your show and your gonna embarass him infront of a stadium full of people and this once again because he feels he is higher than the average person. And as someone mentioned he has a VERY large influence on youth particularly the youth of punjab and this has become almost dangerous since anything he says is accepted to be "true". He could honestly cause chaos in punjab if he says something extremly outta hand.

Multani

ok so wht he said was true. And if you watch the news, they just show babbu mann first part of song not wht he said at the end. Indian govt. have the authors banned who back up that truth. Babbu Mann is not no gangster, guy have good knowledge about the culture and he has degree in urdu i think. He sure can write some good lyrices. People just hyph up shit without no reason. Most People in india are brainwashed by government. Man what happened to the freedom of speech?????

Daman-Malhi said:
Theres been a HUGE fuss over what Babbu Mann said in this video, Punjab Police even have a warrant for Babbu Mann's arrest. What do you guys think about this?

Babbu Mann on Lala Lajpat aka Fake Freedom Fighter

News report

Reality of Lala Lajpat Rai

COMTONDAJATT

mint gumri
Multani said:
ok so wht he said was true. And if you watch the news, they just show babbu mann first part of song not wht he said at the end. Indian govt. have the authors banned who back up that truth. Babbu Mann is not no gangster, guy have good knowledge about the culture and he has degree in urdu i think. He sure can write some good lyrices. People just hyph up shit without no reason. Most People in india are brainwashed by government. Man what happened to the freedom of speech?????
A degree in Urdu doesnt make you a historian about the Indian freedom struggle. Criticizing Lajpat Rai is his right but saying stupid shit about how he died and how that lessens his accomplishments is pretty dumb and no one should take him seriously. Listen Lajpat Rai was an Arya Samaji who wanted everyone to speak Hindi and pushed for a 2 state solution and had some other dumb shit that most of us dont agree with but he was an integral leader in the freedom struggle which there is plenty of evidence of and Babbu Mann trying to shit on that is not right.

dhamijatt

eh folk ah
dhamijatt said:
babbu- realest ***** ever

and i don't care what anyone says he's still amazing. he's just one of those gunda type of people lol, one of the very few singers out there who writes his own music.

H.S.

According to records the train carrying the members never arrived on the platform of lahore railway station.Instead the train was stopped about 2.5 miles outside the station and members of the simon commission were taken to the govt. rest house by cars.There was no lathicharge, all that happened was, capt.Scott, the top cop was waving his cane and telling people to disperse as there were no members of simon commission. As he was waving the tip of his cane, it touched the pointed tip of lalaji's open umbrella thats all that happened.Lalaji was a cardiac patient long before this incident and he died.

However, that doesnt take away from what he did for the freedom struggle.

virkenator

Deg Teg Fateh
H.S. said:
According to records the train carrying the members never arrived on the platform of lahore railway station.Instead the train was stopped about 2.5 miles outside the station and members of the simon commission were taken to the govt. rest house by cars.There was no lathicharge, all that happened was, capt.Scott, the top cop was waving his cane and telling people to disperse as there were no members of simon commission. As he was waving the tip of his cane, it touched the pointed tip of lalaji's open umbrella thats all that happened.Lalaji was a cardiac patient long before this incident and he died.

However, that doesnt take away from what he did for the freedom struggle.
+1