Bags Used to Carry Around Props?

py335

hey guys. so i tried searching to see if any threads were already started about this topic but couldnt find anything, so if there is please let me know!

but anyways i was just wondering what you guys use to carry your props around? we recently bought this big ass bag with wheels that we wanted to use to carry both our sapps and kaatos in, but it just fell apart right after the bag's first competition we brought it to -__- so i just wanted to know if there are any specific bags you all find great for carrying your props around. for our khunde/chimte we just use a ski bag and i'd recommend it since it works great! the exact one we have is in the link below. and since it also came with that extra bag, we use that to carry around extra accessories like markers, pin boxes, etc..

it'd be great if you guys posted what your teams use as well! hopefully it won't be too expensive but it will be durable enough to carry props on plane/car rides to comps/practices. :)

http://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-Boot-Combo-Black/dp/B001JP0NJS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354423876&sr=8-3&keywords=high+sierra+ski+bag

Kaur

We use a small suitcase with wheels for shikke, a ski bag for khunde and Chimpteh. They do have to be replaced every 3-4 comps though once duct tape fails -_-

py335

Hkiran said:
We use a small suitcase with wheels for shikke, a ski bag for khunde and Chimpteh. They do have to be replaced every 3-4 comps though once duct tape fails -_-
Thank you for the reply Hkiran! What is the brand of the suitcase you guys use for your shikke? Hahaha ohh the duct tape... We've been using that too but I'm trying to get rid of that ASAP since it just looks ghetto as hell

Kaur

We just use a normal suitcase that we got from Walmart like bigger then the carry on size. Our khunda bag it super ghetto the chimpta put holes in it. We take kapra throw it over almost half the ski bag and duct tape it, that's the only way we can travel with it lol.

monisingh

this is not for bhangra gear but when going to gigs my buddy has these bags ( i think they are golf club bags ) that he puts the speaker stands in...they look like those crappy nylon dhol cases but they held up pretty well for the past year with these heavy stands in them, I think they are cases meant for speaker stands but at first glance to me they just look like golf club bags

HarjitSingh

We also use a ski bag for our khunde and chimta!

As far as shikke go, we have each dancer carry their own shikka. So if you have a backpack or carry-on bag, each person just takes care of one shikka by storing it in their bag and that makes it so much easier. We've never had a problem going through security or anything.

get a big hockey stick bag they hold every dam thing just make sure its like over 65-70 inch hold khunde saaps props anything you wana hold lmao

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
HarjitSingh said:
We've never had a problem going through security or anything.
We have had to pull them out and dance for security to prove that they were 'dance props' lol. i wish we would have recorded it

py335

hahaha @siddyp that's hilarious! thankfully we havent had to do that yet. but thanks for the replies everyone! i've seen the hockey bags but i guess the ones ive seen are huge so i'd think that it'd eventually be a hassle carrying it everywhere. lol Cherag i bet shipping would be a bitch though.

if we find a good bag to carry our stuff around ill definitely post a link for it for those who are on the same boat as us! and if you have any specific ones that you use and would highly recommend please go ahead and post a link! it'll be beneficial to many! 8)

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
The benefit of ski bags for khunde is also that you can avoid oversize baggage fees since skis are exempted

aneeshsahni

Gsimz

Ne Asi Gabroo Desh Punjab De ;)
Furteelay has used a hockey bad and it fits about 12-14 khunde plus a chimpta.

Bharathi

Jawani's rule going to comps is that anything that goes on your body on stage (Vardi, jewellry, fake hair, etc) goes in each girl's carry on luggage. I get each girl to take her own sapp with her, in her carry on luggage. For the khundays and chimptays we take a huge ski bag complete with duct tape :)

2x banners 12 khunde 6 + saaps bag is heavy like a moti kuthi janani .. but dam that bag still had room

py335

Swi said:
The benefit of ski bags for khunde is also that you can avoid oversize baggage fees since skis are exempted

hahahah I never knew that! The more you know

aneeshsahni said:
py335 said:
for our khunde/chimte we just use a ski bag and i'd recommend it since it works great! the exact one we have is in the link below. and since it also came with that extra bag, we use that to carry around extra accessories like markers, pin boxes, etc..

http://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-Boot-Combo-Black/dp/B001JP0NJS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354423876&sr=8-3&keywords=high+sierra+ski+bag

How many khunde fit in that bag?

abhij95 said:
Yeah how many khunde fill one bag

the bag can fit like 13+ traditional khunde EASILY and you can carry small things like chimte in it! Would definitely recommend it if your team’s in the market for a khunde bag!

Gsimz said:
Furteelay has used a hockey bad and it fits about 12-14 khunde plus a chimpta.

Deepi253 said:
2x banners 12 khunde 6 + saaps bag is heavy like a moti kuthi janani .. but dam that bag still had room

hahahaha I’m sure that bag could’ve possibly carried every prop your team uses! But I just felt that it would be such a bitch to carry around all the time to practices and stuff

Bharathi said:
Jawani's rule going to comps is that anything that goes on your body on stage (Vardi, jewellry, fake hair, etc) goes in each girl's carry on luggage. I get each girl to take her own sapp with her, in her carry on luggage. For the khundays and chimptays we take a huge ski bag complete with duct tape

damn and that’s still working for you guys bharathi?! I think we’d just prefer to keep everything together just in case someone was irresponsible and loses or forgets something important