bhangra blog: socal 2009

Navkarn

i have the pleasure of sitting next to the almighty panic! ... she smells :) ... and theres my blog for the night. im participating as well so update much, srry!

rajkaran

Hey all,

Didn't hear who placed giddah- I think Majajane?

Bhangra:
1- APD
2- Jawani
3- SFU Elite

From CU Bhangra: we had an awesome time and congrats to all the teams and the hard work they put in, including dealing with the chaos! haha also, we kindly request that our video not be posted. Thanks!!

gdholi7

whiskeysprite said:
yeah majajana, new team from socal. placed first at giddah comp at socal.
davis shouldve won

that was bullshit a bunch of high school girls that watched davis videos to learn from beat one of the top notch giddha teams in north america

justbhangring

i think majajana did excellent if they were copying davis then why didnt davis win ever think that....people need to stop hating...ur dancing proofs whos better so before mad doggin on a team think abt wht ur saying.... high school girls beat college tht just proofs there hard work and dedication to gidha

Jiya Bhullar

Actually Gagan, we didn't copy any moves from Davis or any other gidha team. We have been practicing our routine before the original Socal Gidha Competition got canceled, so obviously our routine is going to get stronger as we practice. And so what if we're high schoolers doesn’t mean that we can't compete.

Kala_J

For a person that doesn't like giddha, I believe Majajana did a great job. Don't hate, appreciate lol.

gdholi7

Jiya Bhullar said:
Actually Gagan, we didn't copy any moves from Davis or any other gidha team. We have been practicing our routine before the original Socal Gidha Competition got canceled, so obviously our routine is going to get stronger as we practice. And so what if we're high schoolers doesn’t mean that we can't compete.
funny thing is davis beat gabroo shokeen in 06 and few of the girls are still on the squad from that year but i still think davis did way better i just think that so cal this year had alot of dancers and judges being friends or related
just my 2 cents

Jiya Bhullar

I got to give props to them for being a good team and beating gabroo shokeen in 06, but just because we won doesn't mean you should assume that we copied them. We're an independent team that taught ourselves and worked hard to place.

Happie

Majajana- You guys should apply to Tor Punjaban Di. It's another Giddha competition up in Nor. Cal. Registration is closed, but I think they might be looking for more teams. Let me know if you're interested!

sim gill

i find it funny that everyone is arguing on behalf of us for something that wasnt even a real giddha competition. im not hating but id love to see majajan come out and compete at a real giddha competition on april 11th and see what happens there...