Bhangra Draft 2015

mrchicity

7 years ago there was a thread about a 'Bhangra draft' with the following prompt:
"I was just thinking the other day with someone, and I don't know if this is already been talked about, but if bhangra was to have a draft, who would you take with the first overall pick? You can pick anyone related to bhangra, someone who is dancing now, or danced in the past, and lets keep it to North America, No dancers from India."

Any takers on a revamp including UK/ Aussie dancers?

Or is this site definitively dead?

Gsimz

Ne Asi Gabroo Desh Punjab De ;)
I'm blanking out to all the dancers out there, but I really enjoy watching the guy in black on AJ from the UK and Sarang from BK. Good combination of form, energy, and nakhra.

Saab

Today is a gift
Probably dead, but for me it was always the short red dude on heeray. Heeray at avap is probably my favorite Bhangra performance of all time.

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
mrchicity said:
7 years ago there was a thread about a 'Bhangra draft' with the following prompt:
"I was just thinking the other day with someone, and I don't know if this is already been talked about, but if bhangra was to have a draft, who would you take with the first overall pick? You can pick anyone related to bhangra, someone who is dancing now, or danced in the past, and lets keep it to North America, No dancers from India."

Any takers on a revamp including UK/ Aussie dancers?

Or is this site definitively dead?

It was a super weak prompt last time (Only one first round pick? It's either a best dancer thread or your favorite team member thread) it was asked and continues to be a super weak prompt. Almost no one answered the question as OP had intended last time - not sure why you would think this time would be any different...

mrchicity

I don't know, there were actually decent answers back in 2008, people who listed many different people, and ones not on their own teams. Maybe it should be a "make an all star bhangra team" type thread instead.

Or w/e, let the circle jerk continue, who really cares?

Vijay

The main reason this isn't very relevant any more has to do with the evolution of judging. In the mid to late 2000's, it was always clear who was a captain or choreographer of a given team, as they were usually the "best" dancer on stage and could easily be spotted. Back then teams were not as crisp, clean, and coordinated as they are today - which is a direct result of teams being judged more heavily on said traits, as well as teams actually placing more for exhibiting those qualities. Teams are now criticized if the levels of dancing within a team varies too much. This isn't to say there aren't standout dancers all over the place still, there are, but they don't necessarily hold as much "celebrity" status like some did back in the days of POL.

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
In all seriousness, I'd pick Vic from SGPD. Great dancer, creates great routines, coaches at a high level, ties paghs. MVP of the bhangra world status