Bhangra Idols, "Best of the Best" Placings

MPElive

Ehhh Folllkkkkkk Ahhh !!
Messages
323
After watching majority of the performances last night, I was extremely impressed by BC Cultural, ABC, SGPD, PCBCA and Nachdi. I dont think we should be surprised at the placings considering we don't even know the judging rubric as there was no clear cut winner at Idols this year.

However, I was amazed at BC Cultural for bringing the most entertaining set while keeping it Folk. None of us expected that and at the end of their performance, they definately left a mark.

After winning Bulldog & Idols, it's safe to say that ABC has reserved one of the spots for Elite 8.
 

gifty

New Member
Messages
55
I was not impressed with Nachdi at all. Way out of context. At a point it didn't even look like bhangra anymore, just some random movements. Which is weird since NJ is so damn talented.

BCC- Major props! Routine was entertaining, had a great flow to it and the x-factors were def on point!

SGPD- Very ill set as well. Came out with a bang and finished hard.


As well as, can we get a little bit original with the song selection? Jazzy, Saini Surinder and Notorious in 90% of the teams mixes? Really?
 

Gabroo

New Member
Messages
218
gifty said:
I was not impressed with Nachdi at all. Way out of context. At a point it didn't even look like bhangra anymore, just some random movements. Which is weird since NJ is so damn talented.
Agreed. Particularly the saap segment, I can admire the difficulty and how different it is but that does not necessarily mean it is enjoyable or aesthetically pleasing. Looked very choppy which takes away from just how good some of their dancers could look on stage.
 

Gaurav Sidhu

Member
Messages
115
MPElive said:
After watching majority of the performances last night, I was extremely impressed by BC Cultural, ABC, SGPD, PCBCA and Nachdi. I dont think we should be surprised at the placings considering we don't even know the judging rubric as there was no clear cut winner at Idols this year.

However, I was amazed at BC Cultural for bringing the most entertaining set while keeping it Folk. None of us expected that and at the end of their performance, they definately left a mark.

After winning Bulldog & Idols, it's safe to say that ABC has reserved one of the spots for Elite 8.

thank you atinder...just beacuse the team u thought shouldve won or the team you belong to or have some affiliation with didnt win doesnt mean its rigged... especially with this competition in the past results have been fairly good and we people need to take in account that therys not idiots sitting as the judges they clearly know what their doing and probably have more experience than most of us sittin here n replying...BC CULTURAL WAS SICK. surprise of the night i was left speechless after they performed they killed it..as of nj and sgpd great creativity one thing they both outshined everyone in and congrats to abc good job *****s !
 

mrgrewal780

New Member
Messages
153
USA! USA! USA!
not to burst you're bubble but all of the ' elite ' teams are preety much from canada so ..... yeaa
 

sartajjudge

New Member
Messages
609
Interesting gimmick by SGPD, but I think they could have done a little bit more with it. Only problem is people probably expected a lot from them, especially after how good they were at Elite 8 '11. Still had a good performance regardless.


Nachdi Jawani's performance was really good, better than this year's Elite 8.


Overall, after watching the live stream- disagree with the placings.
 

Jasmin Sandhu

New Member
Messages
26
first and foremost I just want to say congratulations to all the placing teams! well deserved!


to my boys on BCC....all those late night practices and hard work payed off and made everyone proud! love you guys!
ABC...what do yu noe...congratz boys! shout out to gurvir, manjot, sahota brothers, harmeet d and l! :D
SGPD...convict idea was not expected..real good!
NJ...havent watched any of your performances in a while but overall....sick!


to my girls of PFA!!!! i love you all soo much! all the hard work paid off and we defintely made it known of WHO PFA IS! cant wait to continue this road! next stop.....BOSTON! :D ;)

thanks sabi for the shoutout :)
 

VickG

Member
Messages
53
mrgrewal780 said:
USA! USA! USA!
not to burst you're bubble but all of the ' elite ' teams are preety much from canada so ..... yeaa
Where in my post did you read me saying anything about 'elite' teams? It's a rare occasion when a American team places over Canadian team, so I was just just cheering on :)
 

Kaur

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,294
.Amazing competition. Watching the competition with the 100 different angle views doesnt really let you see what the judges see. Sitting in the audience I was very impressed with the amount of talent that was put on that stage last night.

ABC- energy/stamina was off the hook, all the stunts were hit, and the ending spin thing was super cool., loved the music selection.

SGPD- watching them at practise the night before I was already impressed, but it compared nothing to what they put out on stage. I loved seeing a more 'chill' set, with a lot of bhangra. Jumps into my books for one of the best SGPD sets ever created, The jhummer WOW! it was a total'' best team in NA moment' Also the dancers are amazing!!

BCC- loved the formations, very creative. The execution was one thing I was worried about but you guys held it down, awsome job!! ( Good Job- Super, Chandan, Paul, Jolly, Guriqbal- PANJ <3)

NJ- I have been waiting to get the epic NJ back, the one which made many people call them ' their favourite team of all time'. We saw it at Idols 2006, Vibc 2008, Elite 8 2010 , but slowly their execution started to drop ex- shikke too fast, energy dropping, dancers half assing. But at Idols they brought that 'epic' NJ back... I agree their were too many start/stops which arent fair when it comes to stamina marks.

All teams had mistakes, I really think that in 2008 when SGPD came out and started this new 'creative moves' trend in bhangra they probably never thought it could ever work against them. But at Idols 2011 it oficially did. All the teams looked the same, they were all influenced by SGPD . In my opinion teams should thank SGPD for creating a new style which other teams are modifying and taking home trophies with.

After coming home and watching proper balcony views of the teams because I was side stage for some of them my placings were

1st- sgpd/nj

2nd- sgpd/nj

3rd- bcc/abc

ABC you guys were great but im my opinion the style was not yours, it was a modification of anothers. Even though your energy was awsome, songs were great, stunts hit, but the authenticity was not their. So I would give the placing to the Originators.

Just my opinion
 

Gopi D

New Member
Messages
202
Hkiran said:
Amazing competition. Watching the competition with the 100 different angle views doesnt really let you see what the judges see. Sitting in the audience I was very impressed with the amount of talent that was put on that stage last night.

ABC- energy/stamina was off the hook, all the stunts were hit, and the ending spin thing was super cool., loved the music selection.

SGPD- watching them at practise the night before I was already impressed, but it compared nothing to what they put out on stage. I loved seeing a more 'chill' set, with a lot of bhangra. Jumps into my books for one of the best SGPD sets ever created, The jhummer WOW! it was a total'' best team in NA moment' Also the dancers are amazing!!

BCC- loved the formations, very creative. The execution was one thing I was worried about but you guys held it down, awsome job!! ( Good Job- Super, Chandan, Paul, Jolly, Guriqbal- PANJ <3)

NJ- I have been waiting to get the epic NJ back, the one which made many people call them ' their favourite team of all time'. We saw it at Idols 2006, Vibc 2008, Elite 8 2010 , but slowly their execution started to drop ex- shikke too fast, energy dropping, dancers half assing. But at Idols they brought that 'epic' NJ back... I agree their were too many start/stops which arent fair when it comes to stamina marks.

All teams had mistakes, I really think that in 2008 when SGPD came out and started this new 'creative moves' trend in bhangra they probably never thought it could ever work against them. But at Idols 2011 it oficially did. All the teams looked the same, they were all influenced by SGPD . In my opinion teams should thank SGPD for creating a new style which other teams are modifying and taking home trophies with.

After coming home and watching proper balcony views of the teams because I was side stage for some of them my placings were

1st- sgpd/nj

2nd- sgpd/nj

3rd- bcc

ABC you guys were great but im my opinion the style was not yours, it was a modification of anothers. Even though your energy was awsome, songs were great, stunts hit, but the authenticity was not their. So I would give the placing to the Originators.
Agree with your placings Harkiran^
No disrespect to any teams but for a second I thought maybe Idols said there placings backwards haha.
BCC boys killed it! Hella caught me by surprise. Shoutout to the PANJ boys that were dancing as well!
 

RealGirlsDoBhangra

New Member
Messages
24
Jasmin Sandhu said:
first and foremost I just want to say congratulations to all the placing teams! well deserved!


to my boys on BCC....all those late night practices and hard work payed off and made everyone proud! love you guys!
ABC...what do yu noe...congratz boys! shout out to gurvir, manjot, sahota brothers, harmeet d and l! :D
SGPD...convict idea was not expected..real good!
NJ...havent watched any of your performances in a while but overall....sick!


to my girls of PFA!!!! i love you all soo much! all the hard work paid off and we defintely made it known of WHO PFA IS! cant wait to continue this road! next stop.....BOSTON! :D ;)






yeowwwwwwww ;)

thanks sabi for the shoutout :)
 
Top