• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra in Iraq

Arjun Barua

Yeah, I saw this. That's what I'd be doing if I were over there -- dancing with the local kids. There's another video of this guy just driving around in Iraq, listening to bhangra tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_xf3FKsyM4

Hanskalan

sounds like the raw as folk album. i always guessed there were punjabi's in our military but now i have proof :D

Jeeti

Thats actually a really powerful scene...that humanizes the war I think...at least for me, personally..as someone that hasn't had that many close friends that have gone to Iraq or Afghanistan..we have a tendency to detach ourselves from it...butt a video like this definitely hits home...I was completely taken aback when I saw that first video...crazzy.

musafir12

i definitely agree with jeeti on that
i don't have any friends in iraq or afgan
i was taken aback also with the video
haha i agree with Hanskalan too i have a proof too that we have punjabi's in the military :) lol

Manjot

Jeeti said:
Thats actually a really powerful scene...that humanizes the war I think...at least for me, personally..as someone that hasn't had that many close friends that have gone to Iraq or Afghanistan..we have a tendency to detach ourselves from it...butt a video like this definitely hits home...I was completely taken aback when I saw that first video...crazzy.
yeh completely agree with you...nice find!

rajkaran

It's refreshing to see people (no matter what citizenship) trying to bring back some color and happiness to the innocent children with music (in this case, bhangra) in a country that's repeatedly been stricken by conflict...just looking at the bleek, pale background of the video makes me feel sick but very grateful and appreciative of what I have now...

joemojoe

this is one of my best friends from fresno california........Jesse Brar....most brave person ive ever met........big ups to you Jesse......