• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Justice at Bulldog

Jabar Jung

i usually don't watch full videos of bhangra teams..i skip through them, but this video it kept me interested i watched the whole thing because song selection was different than other teams and it was clean and sick formations! There were some mess ups and mishaps but overall it was worth the time. I don't know about placing because i haven't seen the other videos yet, but in my eyes you GREAT and will be greater than other teams one day! :) ;) :D ;D

Vick

I usually dont watch full videos either.... this one is not worth watching till the end.... keep practicing... average at best..

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. I liked it. The white kurtas (or at least they looked white with the washout) helped accentuate when the team was fully in sync, and i do think overall the team was well in sync on some not-easy moves. probably not the saap song i would have picked but that's what makes it new... some people will come here and say with the gimmicks and stunts you're behind the curve, but you may be ahead of the backlash from traditional? who knows. I dont get the gimmick in the middle though? Ending needs to be revamped as it was weak and one guy just walked away, no one could figure out if it was over or not. Good dance though, havent seen the rest so I can't judge. It did have some parts that got a little slow (the choreo/formations seem hot on paper but it was a slight lull), but even then it was good. I didnt really dwell on the negative but there's room for improvement as always, but good job!

Nirpaal

I cant say im not impressed, never seen this team before, but the creativity was there, loving the song you guys used for kato's, but yea i dont know if it was a lack of preperation or what but the sloppyness needs to be fixed, other than that great job!

Vijay

wasn't the biggest fan, nothing really stood out, i'm sure it was 10x better in person tho. formations were really solid. couple questions, what was going on on the first stunt? guy jumped on the human ladder then ppl just sort of stood around. also the ending formation/standing pose needs to be changed, looks really strange how some are on their knees and others standing randomly. also whats the mirza song? i remember u guys used it at avap too, sick track

Vick

it might have been better in person... maybe the video doesnt do it justice... but I was kinda sleepy about 3 mins into it...

Don

Vijay said:
wasn't the biggest fan, nothing really stood out, i'm sure it was 10x better in person tho. formations were really solid. couple questions, what was going on on the first stunt? guy jumped on the human ladder then ppl just sort of stood around. also the ending formation/standing pose needs to be changed, looks really strange how some are on their knees and others standing randomly. also whats the mirza song? i remember u guys used it at avap too, sick track
it's called Gal Dil Di by Soni Pabla

Jap Brar

I agree with the fact that the song selection was mostly unique in that not many teams had used most of the songs (except like chak dow ge and that song u guys used as mirza). Also, the superman stunt was definitely spontaneous and it really didn't seem to capture any distinct feature of the routine. SOme parts were messy but overall, it was a good performance for a team that I had never seen before. Good luck in the future.

Jugdeep

I agree with Vick...

There were too many soti swings in the beginning, most of the routine was sloppy (especially saap segment), what was that stunt at 4:24? completely ruined the flow of the routine, and the ending was very confusing (looks like there is a live segment after but I could be wrong).

Karan V

that wass siickkk
there were a few mistakes here and there
but it was nutzz
matrix katoo thing worked perfectly
good job boys

Mike B

i agree it was an entertaining set...feelin that matrix w the katos and the kato piece in general (what song is that?). shikkey piece needs work obv i would start with opening them wider, some guys looked like they were just turning them over. many things ab this set were different (esp the stunts lol) which i dig. also...not to start any trouble but is there an overlap w members of bc cultural? a few things reminded me of them like the rotating line in jhummar and the mirza piece as well, tho i cant be sure havent seen bc cultural vid from avap in a long while.

if not...where are these guys from? never heard of them. good job, look forward to more unique performances in the future :D

SunnyParmar

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Just here to answer a few questions:

1. The 1st stunt where we caught a fellow dancer. It's a little hard to see but one of the guys holds a purse in the front of the stage while another guy steals it thus Superman comes flying to save the day.

2. We were formerly under BC Cultural Bhangra Group but because of disagreements we decided it was best to start a new team under a new name. All the same dancers from AVAP with one new addition.

3. And the ending we made a "J" which is pretty apparent. And right before that the dancer who throws the "attackers" was supposed to come to the mic and say "Justice has been served" but the mic was off.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to Bulldog and who supported Bhangra Justice in their first competition.

Sunny Parmar
Choreographer/Coach
Bhangra Justice

gdholi7

SunnyParmar said:
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Just here to answer a few questions:

1. The 1st stunt where we caught a fellow dancer. It's a little hard to see but one of the guys holds a purse in the front of the stage while another guy steals it thus Superman comes flying to save the day.

2. We were formerly under BC Cultural Bhangra Group but because of disagreements we decided it was best to start a new team under a new name. All the same dancers from AVAP with one new addition.

3. And the ending we made a "J" which is pretty apparent. And right before that the dancer who throws the "attackers" was supposed to come to the mic and say "Justice has been served" but the mic was off.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to Bulldog and who supported Bhangra Justice in their first competition.

Sunny Parmar
Choreographer/Coach
Bhangra Justice

that new addition is me..lol...wow we did pretty legit..and with the mic issue the guy doing the sound turned on a different mic..so it kinda messed it up..

Gagan Dholi "saving one dhol at a time"

Vic

Bhangra wise the routine was alright.

The crazy kunda swings, kato matrix, super man gimick and the "justice has been served" all seemed tacky.

I think gimmicks should make some sense if you going to use them. The only thing that made sense was the "justice has been served"... but even that the J formation had to be explained.

A lot more practice is needed.

Not bad though for your first competition