Bhangra Republik at jashan 2011

kaalia

Pretty good performance Bhangra Republik. Very entertaining and much different in a sense from typical calgary teams... this team is evolving quickly and seems like its gonna take them places.

Energy was awesome, mixx sounded ill, naakreh displayed by almost all dancers, team chemistry was really good, enjoyable to watch.

Few things to clean up
1) transitions between formations
2) few guys doing moves different than the rest (1 purple dancer, 1 pink dancer, 1 green dancer)
3) get your legs up, not everyone does it all the time and it takes away from the guys who do it (blue jordi had this problem throughout)

Hope to see you on the circuit in the near future and good luck for your next competition

B.Parhar

kaalia said:
Pretty good performance Bhangra Republik. Very entertaining and much different in a sense from typical calgary teams... this team is evolving quickly and seems like its gonna take them places.

Energy was awesome, mixx sounded ill, naakreh displayed by almost all dancers, team chemistry was really good, enjoyable to watch.

Few things to clean up
1) transitions between formations
2) few guys doing moves different than the rest (1 purple dancer, 1 pink dancer, 1 green dancer)
3) get your legs up, not everyone does it all the time and it takes away from the guys who do it (blue jordi had this problem throughout)

Hope to see you on the circuit in the near future and good luck for your next competition
Thanks for the feedback kaalia, much appreciated

giddhagal21

You guys definitely have the energy and nakhra down...made the set extremely entertaining. Personally, I thought the saap segment was either a little fast or very messy because it was really hard to appreciate the moves you guys were doing because I was constantly searching for what was going on. I think in general, your style tends to lean on being very "hard" instead of graceful, which is fine, but in segments like chummar it's important to try and be more graceful than other segments. This means, extending your arms and legs as much as possible, completing every move (important for any segment), and making sure every part of the move is being emphasized.

During jugni, I was always taught that when you get low your knees should point out instead of in, this may be different for you guys so disregard this comment if needed, but purple jori could really work on this for jugni. Speaking of jugni, I didn't really understand the formation....make sure that your formations are simple enough for the audience member to get it the FIRST time...I think a lot of teams forget this when making up formations but it doesnt matter how cool it is, if we dont have someone on your team explaining it to us right then, then we just become confused and your formation loses all its value (this goes for any segment not just jugni).

With ending bhangra, again, it's clear you guys have a lot of energy but it's important to still complete moves and give each move 100%. Great job overall, congrats on your performance!