• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

bhangra team in chandigarh for wedding?

equium

Member
Messages
40
Hi everyone

My sister is getting married in chandigarh and I've been entrusted to organise a bhangra team for the reception:

1. Can anyone recommend a team/any other ways of researching this
2. If you do know of teams can you recommend a way of contacting them?

I'm a huge fan of traditional bhangra and am aware of some of the live teams from youtube. But I'd imagine they don't do wedding gigs and might not be appreciated by others who don'tlike live so much. Is there much of a market for wwedding gig bhangra I'm India?

Any advice would be welcomed!
 

monisingh

New Member
Messages
279
equium said:
Hi everyone

My sister is getting married in chandigarh and I've been entrusted to organise a bhangra team for the reception:

1. Can anyone recommend a team/any other ways of researching this
2. If you do know of teams can you recommend a way of contacting them?

I'm a huge fan of traditional bhangra and am aware of some of the live teams from youtube. But I'd imagine they don't do wedding gigs and might not be appreciated by others who don'tlike live so much. Is there much of a market for wwedding gig bhangra I'm India?

Any advice would be welcomed!

there is a market for bhangra gigs in punjab, every wedding ive been to back in punjab had bhangra dancers, what my chacha ji did for his wedding and for my cousins wedding was go to an area of chandigarh where there are music shops, find the musical instrument shop area in chandigarh and you should find a few they usually offer a singer and a few other performances along with the bhangra dancers, you can also ask djs (don`t know if the djs in punjab still do this, but I remember back in 2004 some of them used to offer bhangra teams in their package), if not then you can go to the local colleges and ask around for bhangra teams that will do live. ( you`re more likely to find a live bhangra team at a college than in the musical instrument shop areas).
 
Top