Bhangra Team UK

Kas

Heyy is there any Bhangra team in Nottingham, UK
I would really love to join and im 17, there is a nottingham uni team but dont think I can join because im not in uni,

but if any1 knows any other team please let me know

P.S are there any pakistani muslim members in Bhangra teams :D

Billa91

I don't know of any independant teams coming out of Nottingham but you could always ask Nottingham & Trent Uni bhangra team if you can attend their practice sessions. Many University teams don't allow it but there's a few that do, its worth asking the president of their society.

I train with Nachda Sansaar, your very welcome to come and train with us every tuesday if you can make your way down to Birmingham lol.

Kas

Lol Thanks man.

Maybe one day ill come birmingham lol.

anyways ive never danced before in a teammm.

not even at a wedding ;)

GSingh

Kas said:
Lol Thanks man.

not even at a wedding ;)
youtube. Learn, do, record, watch, fix, do, record, watch, fix, smile. :)

Kas

GSingh said:
Kas said:
Lol Thanks man.

not even at a wedding ;)
youtube. Learn, do, record, watch, fix, do, record, watch, fix, smile. :)

I have been doing it for half a year ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
I would highly suggest that you contact someone like Faysal (http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/profile/?u=370). He's from the UK, has Bhangra dancing experience, and knows a lot about the scene down there.

He's also Pakistan & Muslim, if that matters to you or you feel more comfortable talking with someone from that background, although it shouldn't matter. There are a bunch of us who are Pakistani & dance on Bhangra teams throughout North America.

Since you don't have much dancing experience, youtube could be a valuable resource learning some of the basics. Also, as Billa mentioned, try sitting in on the practices of other teams or see if some of them can help you learn. Maybe once you gain more knowledge and confidence, you could practice with them (try learning their routine) and be a "backup" in case anyone is unable to perform.

Hope that helps. Best of luck to you!

~ Basim :)

Kas

Hey Basim Thanks, I will send him a message and ask him and it doesnt matter what background they are, if they love Bhangra as much as I do then I will talk to them.

Anyways ive been trying to find a team for a long time now.

Thanks anyways

my names kasim (our names are very similar ;) )