Boiler Bhangra 2018 - 2019 Season Videos

varun.pandey

Hey BTF!

I'm Varun, one of the captains of Boiler Bhangra along with Medha, Nia, Rohit, and Sunanda. This season, we competed at East Coast Showdown, Aa Dekhen Zara (placed 2nd), and Naach Di Cleveland. First, congrats to all the placing teams at every comp and to everyone for bring the heat! It was a pleasure to share the stage with such amazing teams.

This year, we focused on making our set more memorable while improving upon our execution from last year. This definitely wouldn't have been possible without the passion and dedication of our dancers putting in hours of practice a week. It's extremely hard to dance while in college and they gave their all throughout the year. We couldn't be more thankful for these amazing people!

A few more thanks goes to:

My fellow captains for giving more than required to run this team! From creating the set, to managing our team, these guys did an amazing job and wouldn't be able to do it without them.

Medha and Maya for tying some of the best paghs out there ?

FCBeats (Sujay), PablaMix, and Gsimz for creating a fire mix! Some of best DJs in the circuit and so easy to work with. Highly recommend!

All of our liasions for helping us throughout the entire weekend and supporting us every minute of each comp!

Finally, below are our videos (shoutout to Mithin for the dope front and back row videos). Please leave any critiques/thoughts in the comments as we look to be back and better next year!

Naach Di Cleveland
Back Row: Front Row: ~~~~~~~~
Red - Varun Pandey & Medha Hiremath
Ferozi - Kushol Bhattacharjee & Nia Birt
Orange - Rohit Sirosh & Puja Maheshwari
Purple - Karan Bhatia & Priyanka Santhapuram
Green - Shiv Nair & Rujula Kapoor
Blue - Yug Rao & Maya Kumar

Aa Dekhen Zara
Back Row: Front Row: ~~~~~~~~
Ferozi - Varun Pandey & Medha Hiremath
Red - Kushol Bhattacharjee & Nia Birt
Orange - Rohit Sirosh & Puja Maheshwari
Purple - Karan Bhatia & Priyanka Santhapuram
Green - Shiv Nair & Rujula Kapoor
Blue - Yug Rao & Maya Kumar

Howie Magz

Judged you guys at ECS this year and saw a much different team than what I have saw in previous years. Choreography was refreshing and fun to watch and complimented y'all mix well. I think the biggest critique to take you guys to another level is that you guys need to get the form of your dancers up a notch. Basics such as mohdhe and having a wide base for all dancing moves will take you guys a long way. If you watch some of the elite teams in the circuit, majority of their dancers dance with a very wide base when it comes to execution. Whoever is making the choreography, keep that same formula but challenge yourself to take that up a notch. The best drops are the ones that the judges aren't expecting. It takes that one moment to make a segment memorable. The girls who tie paghs for your team as always have done a great job. Not a lot of pagh tiers in the circuit already and man especially girl pagh tiers thats sick. Congratulations on the placing this year again and keep improving.