Bruin Review

ladoopants786

Do you know what the placings were for tonight? If so, please post them here!

Also, has anyone looked into fixing the URL yet???

Mack and Haar

nish41293

Mr. Mankiran said:
1. Bhangra Knightz
2. Ankhiley-E-Gabroo
3. FAUJ

GTV posted on Facebook.

Can't wait for the videos! Surprised FCB didn't even place considering they've been winning everything.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Congrats to all placing teams, to all the teams that had the opportunity to compete, and to the organizers/staff. From what I'm seeing on fb, it was a very successful competition - Bruin doesn't disappoint!

Can't wait to read some reviews & see some videos. All the best.

~ Basim :)

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Bruin does not dissapoint. Every team killed it.. Be ready for the vids.

Special shoutout to BK. I thought they shoulda won at 2012 bruin, and was surprised they didn't even place. But they came back and got theirs. Mad respect.

jfried

siddyp said:
Bruin does not dissapoint. Every team killed it.. Be ready for the vids.

Special shoutout to BK. I thought they shoulda won at 2012 bruin, and was surprised they didn't even place. But they came back and got theirs. Mad respect.

This. Heard great things about all of the teams, congrats to all of you.

AnkurK

The Honest Truth said:
Bruin = New Elite 8
Elite 8 lost its charm in 3 years. Bruin has been around for 5x longer.
Elite 8 reminds me of Derrick Rose... Lets see who comes back first

zagreus

The show itself was great, appreciated the backstage livefeed as well. Beyond that, ehhhhhh...The Salsa Congress that happened at our hotel at the same time was FAR more exciting. Those people were going crazy for days (salsa around the pool all day!), and it seemed better planned. Pre-party venue was good (same as 2 years ago), mixer was fairly bad (no reason for it to be so far from the hotel and we had to wait a long time for that to begin, an email would have been more effective to send out the lineup than wait around hours until we do anything), the after party was also ok, would have wished the hotel was still in hollywood instead of downtown where there wasn't much to do or eat. Also, cater to the teams more, give them water and stuff during the whole weekend instead of waiting until the show to give some crappy pizza.

Bruin is fun due to the location and the long weekend where you can get a little extra time to practice and have a good time. Otherwise, Bruin isn't anything more than that. It's nowhere on the level of Boston in terms of organization and hospitality. This was my 4th Bruin, and it doesn't rank as high as my previous experiences. I'm not sure if other people care, but in my view, the staff shouldn't be drinking so damn hard at the pre-party. After the party was done, it felt like the staff had nothing coherent to say due to their own drunken stupor.

I'm sure people will have differing views on the Bruin weekend than my own, your view may be more positive about the organization, but I felt this weekend was lacking.