BTF Ladder - 27. DJ Money vs. 24. Shreyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
No poll. You must post in the thread to vote. The votes of users with less than 15 *counted* posts will not go towards the total. Files are attached for those that wish to download the mixes.

DJ 1: [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/dj-money-vs-shreyman-dj-1[/soundcloud]
DJ 2: [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/dj-money-vs-shreyman-dj-2[/soundcloud]

The original is Nach Di - Dippa Dosanjh. it's in the media center.

-----------
Results (only members with at least 10 votes counted)
DJ 1- 13
DJ 2- 20 (no votes thrown out)

Despite mixed reviews on both DJs, the votes give DJ 2 aka Shreyman the win! Congrats on a successful defense, let's see you challenge and rise next time!

Attachments

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Great effort by both DJ's. Was a bit tougher to choose a winner! After hearing the original song though (thanks for writing it in your original post vox), it was easier for me to compare them.

My vote: DJ 2

DJ 1 had the "safer" mix between the two - a lot less going on and I felt it was easier on the ears. It just seemed the original song was speed up, you added in some "hoi's", dhol rolls, and dhad effects (although very well placed). I definitely could dance to this mix much easier (could probably incorporated into a bhangra's team mix easier), but I didn't really feel you pushed the envelope enough as a mixer.

DJ 2 - I especially liked the intro a lot (with the rapper's words mixed in up until 0:20ish), but the main Punjabi lyrics were drowned out a lot from about 0:21 - the background efforts overpowered the original song imho - I was expecting the main lyrics to "pop" out more after your intro. You definitely took more of a risk with what you did with the original song, but I still feel your execution could use more work.

~ Basim :)

BBC

Definitely DJ 2

Dj 1 - Began abruptly and it kinda got boring real fast ...

Dj 2 - Really like how you eased it in and filled in the blank space with rap! I agree with Basim about the music overpowering the vocals around 21 minutes but you have a good concept :)

uvache

DJ 2.

However, I am interested in knowing why we don't have a simple polling system? Voting via replies will create bias no doubt

G-tam

DJ 2.. also agree with the comments about the vocals being drowned out at times but a solid concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.