BTF Mixing Ladder- Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfried

After a week of excellent mixes and close competition, we've arrived at week 2 of the mixing ladder. There was plenty of upheaval in the top half of the ladder, with a spate of upset wins. All rising DJs are in bold, all falling DJs are in italics.

1. GSingh
2. Swizzee
3. DJ Jassi
4. DJ Ra
5. Sangeen
6. DJ Birdzilla (dropped out)
7. Prodigy (up from 9)
8. DJ Preet (up from 10)
9. BMWSunpreet (down from 7)
10. NsD (down from 8 )
11. DJ Aka$h (up from 14)
12. sK (up from 15)
13. Hi.mynameis (up from 16)
14. DJ Concept (down from 11)
15. SSK Productions (down from 12)
16. Karan Deol (down from 13)
17. G-Tam
18. DJ Anonymous
19. DJ Lakha
20. DJ Vox
21. AKT Productions
22. DJ Notorious
23. DJ nkrishnan
24. Shreyman
25. MinhasA
26. GaganDholi
27. DJ MoNeY
28. Mohan Singh
29. Urban Kinng
30. Gautam Singh (DJ DHoLa)
31. First Class Beats (Kush)
32. JsM
33. DJ Kaurageous
34. Mr. Deepi

This week's competition will be a themed challenge. Each matchup will pit our DJs against each other on a classic, timeless track to see whose interpretation wins the fans' hearts. This one will test your creativity, and your good taste.

Challenges can be made and accepted until 11:59PM EST on Thursday, July 18th. If you get your challenge in early, you can get your song early, too. We will be accepting submissions until Friday, July 26th, giving that Saturday, Sunday and Monday for voting.

If you have any song suggestions, too,please post them in the song suggestions thread.

Challenges
Accepted challenges underlined.

12. sK challenges 10. NSD
8. DJ Preet challenges 7. Prodigy
11. Aka$h challenges 9. Sunpreet BMW
15. SSK challenges 13. Hi.mynameis
16. Karan Deol challenges 14. DJ Concept

23. DJ NKrishnan challenges 20. DJ Vox
22. DJ Notorious challenges 19. G-tam
27. DJ MoNeY challenges 25. MinhasA
33. DJ Kaurageous challenges 30. DJ DHoLa
24. Shreyman challenges 21. AKT Productions
2. Swizzee challenges 1. GSingh
32. JsM challenges 29. Urban Kinng
34. Mr. Deepi challenges 31. First Class Beats (Kush)
28. Mohan Singh challenges 26. GaganDholi

DamanSingh

Classic song suggestions:

Gurdas Mann - Challa
Gurdas Mann - Sajna ve Sajna
Asa Singh Mastana - Kali Tere Gut
Surinder Kaur - Hai Oh Mere Dadiya Rabba
Musarrat Nazir - Mere Laung Gawacha

I would love to hear some good remixes of these. I'll add a few more to this list soon.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Created a separate topic just for song suggestions here so it's a bit easier to keep track of them weekly and keep only the challenges (and whether mixer's accept/decline) in this topic.

If the mixing mods like the idea, please edit the original post to include the above link so the general BTF community (non-mixers involved) can post their song suggestions in one place.

~ Basim :)

P.S. - Would love to see the top 6 mixers cause some movement in this ladder rather than remain stagnant.

nkrishnan

I thought I won by default because of last week's forfeit. Assuming I take spot 23, I would like to challenge DJ vox at 20.

Also just a question. If by winning, we take the higher spot between the two, then what incentive is there for the higher ranked dj to accept a challenge from the lower rank? They get nothing by winning other than defending their spot. Wouldn't it make more sense to do the rankings now based on a win loss record? It would also force the top seeded DJ's to get involved

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
nkrishnan said:
I thought I won by default because of last week's forfeit. Assuming I take spot 23, I would like to challenge DJ vox at 20.

Also just a question. If by winning, we take the higher spot between the two, then what incentive is there for the higher ranked dj to accept a challenge from the lower rank? They get nothing by winning other than defending their spot. Wouldn't it make more sense to do the rankings now based on a win loss record? It would also force the top seeded DJ's to get involved
win/loss has its own pitfalls and downsides, we discussed it and decided that it wasn't right for us

It was explained better in the original rules, but I think a DJ can only turn down a challenge for two reasons: one is to challenge up, and second is to not participate that week. You cannot decline twice in a row, else it results in a forfeit. So ideally DJs will be alternating challenge/defense. You don't want to put too many restrictions because every DJ is not participating every week. we thought about including a rule where you have to defend a spot before challenging up, but you create potential lock scenarios where everyone is waiting for someone to challenge so they can challenge. It's not ideal since DJ participation is arbitrary

Side note: DJ Mutex would be an awesome name

Put simply, the rules work because they're flexible due to ladder moderation. You can only decline a challenge once, and then you will be forced to accept. The reason for giving up to 3 spots to challenge is so that a DJ has multiple options to challenge week to week. Once the system stabilizes and you know when to expect challenges simply get your challenge in first.

First Class Beats

Hi thanks for adding me.

31. Kush would like to challenge 28. Mohan Singh (this is the highest I can challenge, correct?)

Thanks

jfried

Less than 24 hours to go. Remember, it's your last chance to make challenges. We'll give a 24 hour reprieve to any challenges made in the next 24 hours, too.

jfried

The first challenge emails have gone out. If you've accepted, expect to see an email within the next 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.