• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BULLDOG BHANGRA V FINAL LINE UP!

Bulldog Bhangra V

[SIZE=small]We are pleased to announce our final lineup for Bulldog Bhangra V!! We had an overwhelming amount of team applications, making it a very tough decision to pick the final line-up. We want to thank each and every team for applying to Bulldog Bhangra and we hope to see all of you in the upcoming years! [/SIZE] ;D

COMPETING:

Apna Bhangra Crew (ABC) - Seattle, WA
Apna Virsa Bhangra Club (AV) - Fairfield, CA
Bhangra's Most Wanted (BMW) - Los Angeles, CA
Cal Bhangra - Berkeley, CA
Davis Di Dynasty (3D) - Davis, CA
Kohinoor Folk Arts Club (KFAC) - Surrey, BC
Surrey Folk Bhangra Club (SFBC) - Surrey, BC
Surrey India Arts Club (SIAC) - Surrey, BC
Toronto All-Star Girls Bhangra (TAG) - Brampton, ON
Virse De Waris (VDW) - San Jose, CA

EXHIBITION:

Allarh Mutiyaaran Punjab Diyan (AMPD) - Bay Area, CA
Ehna Sona Punjab Nachda (ESPN) - Riverside, CA
GHG Sangeet & Dance Academy - Fresno, CA

Show will be held on October 1, 2011 at William Saroyan Theater in Downtown Fresno, California. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at bulldogbhangra@gmail.com or go to our website www.bulldogbhangra5.com

After party information: TBA

Best,
Bulldog Bhangra Committee

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
5 live teams and 5 music in one category? I think it would be difficult to judge TAG against VDW and the like... Any chance separate categories will be made? (Even if that means less placings in each)

ban3rg

Niiiice this will be a really fun show! Props to the committee for picking a diverse and sick lineup!

faizan

Just shut up and dance
split the categories...live and modern are no longer even remotely judge-able on a fair playing field...

this will be a proving ground for a lot of teams...

please, everyone, DONT DROP OUT OF THIS COMPETITION!

singh89

Damnnnnnn Bulldog Bhangra you guys got yourself a legit line up!! Congrats to all the teams who got in!! Bullldogggg should be a sick ass weekend!!

Dj ASG

good luck everybody. stil do not understand how there going to manage judging this competition.

faysal

Dj ASG said:
good luck everybody. stil do not understand how there going to manage judging this competition.
I take it they didn't inform you guys beforehand that there would only be one category? :s seems a bit odd but good luck with it, nice to see bulldog return.

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Ricky916 said:
Jdosanjh said:
I agree with Mariam! How is a team like TAG going to be compared to a live team :S
Def. Agree, unless they go live as well?!?!
Nope... music

Committee please hear us out! How about 2 categories with only 1 or 2 placings each??

KushK

Mariam said:
Ricky916 said:
Jdosanjh said:
I agree with Mariam! How is a team like TAG going to be compared to a live team :S
Def. Agree, unless they go live as well?!?!
Nope... music

Committee please hear us out! How about 2 categories with only 1 or 2 placings each??
Try emailing them? haha

Bharathi

Insane lineup! I agree that the diversity in the selection of teams might be mitigated by 2 separate categories.

Pardon my ignorance...SIAC...I assume live with all guys? SFBC...all guys?