Carved dhols?

monisingh

Anyone know where exactly in punjab (other than kukki jogi`s shop and dhol factory) that sells carved dhols wanna get my hands on em but kukki jogi is a bit expensive

monisingh

Sukhman Singh Mundi said:
all Carved dhols are gonna be expensive

yeah I know that but need an alternative shop since ludhiana is too far from hoshiarpur and dhol factory doesn`t care about sales anymore they never respond and theirs always a cheaper source hiding somewhere

dholipav

If your going to punjab yourself, go to any shop and show them your designs and look around until you findsomeone can make them, with custom dhols they spend longer on finishing touches and tuning, and take about 7 day to make. Thats what my friend did with his-he got his from some shop on new railway road, jalandher-not calcutta music house

desi_dhanda

kiddahh veeriya... yhh like pav sed best bet is to go to punjab n get shell made der... preferably wid no hooks or da nxt level desi varnish dey put on which jus straight GANDDHHHH!!!

i got mine done exactly like this.. took a foto shoto and got sum pindu to carve up shell for me... jus watch out for masala usage wer dey hav fukd up n cracked the shell...

all together dhol cost me £60 (no incl. flight ticket :p )... den brought bak to UK and got it mic'd up.. varnised.. and whole MOT business basically... which works out A LOT CHEAPER den buying a new carved on frm shop... esp if u kno the guy ;)

Attachments

dholipav

£60...thats cheap and it looks good aswell. I know of places here in england that sell just the shell for £600+

monisingh

dholipav said:
If your going to punjab yourself, go to any shop and show them your designs and look around until you findsomeone can make them, with custom dhols they spend longer on finishing touches and tuning, and take about 7 day to make. Thats what my friend did with his-he got his from some shop on new railway road, jalandher-not calcutta music house
thanks dude can you ask your friend which shop it was private message me if he tells you hopefully

monisingh

desi_dhanda said:
kiddahh veeriya... yhh like pav sed best bet is to go to punjab n get shell made der... preferably wid no hooks or da nxt level desi varnish dey put on which jus straight GANDDHHHH!!!

i got mine done exactly like this.. took a foto shoto and got sum pindu to carve up shell for me... jus watch out for masala usage wer dey hav fukd up n cracked the shell...

all together dhol cost me £60 (no incl. flight ticket :p )... den brought bak to UK and got it mic'd up.. varnised.. and whole MOT business basically... which works out A LOT CHEAPER den buying a new carved on frm shop... esp if u kno the guy ;)
yeah the varnish they use their is some next jungly shit, and what is the shops name from where you got it done private message me if you don`t want the whole world to know lol but still just mesg me :) and 60 pounds for a dhol is sick I got my kali taali back in india for 7500 rupees( $165 cad, or 105 pounds) it sounds sick and has a deep bass, and has no fillers and what not

CrankD Music

"Know the name, Know the game"
desi_dhanda said:

BEAST DHOL BRO!

JupMasterG

desi_dhanda - Nice dhol man! thats some really nice carving and looks badass!

I want to get a carved dhol in the future too sometime next time i go to Punjab.

desi_dhanda

sorry bout the delayed response moni havent been on here for a while... basically was sum lil hatti type shop in phagwara.. i cnt memba name off top of my head but im sure i have his card at home sumwer lol!... unfortunately i wont be goin home till afta bhangra showdown.. aka 11th.. so ur guna hav to wait a bit sos bros...

ps make sure u check out LEICESTER at showdown... i kno us "englandi's" usually get our bieste done but im sure ul like dis ;)!