Cheap Flight Suggestions?

jasso

Hey guys

So im tryna book a domestic flight for me and a buddy cross country and i wanted to know what are the best places to look? I took a look at hotwire and travelocity, but the prices shoot up by the hour and shit aint cheap...any suggestions or advice on where to get the best deals since teams travel a lot?

Thanx,
Jazz

rajkaran

if you really play around with all the links on expedia, Ur bound to find some sort of deal...

The other day I got an email from Expedia for one-way flights NYC to LAX for like under $100 or smth...

also...looking into airlines that fly into smaller airports (Orange County vs. LAX, Oakland vs. SFO, LGA vs. JFK) usually are cheaper...

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
www.bing.com/travel/flights

It tracks the fares for you to tell you when to buy.

If you're going West Coast to East Coast I suggest booking 2 months in advance at least - Jet Blue and Virgin America have good rates from JFK to LAX or SFO. The flights are usually around $250-$300.

dheerja

Yeah bing is awesome, I also use www.kayak.com

Just an FYI, there are some airlines that aren't part of the search engines like Orbitz, Bing, etc. Southwest is one, Southwest flights won't show up on any sites other than their own, so make sure you also check the Southwest site as well.

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Yea I deliberately left out Southwest because they're actually not as cheap as their reputation seems to suggest. Flights to cali are quite expensive like $400 from my extensive East Coast/West Coast flights research haha. I think with SW you have to get lucky...

Gurbir23

any of these websites work for canada ? i only wish priceline would work for canada, oh yeah, thats another website, you can actually bid on tickets, cousin got 99 dollars to las vegas from buffalo using priceline

Laddi

Manjot said:
this is AWESOME! Listen to the predictor thing...It knows when to wait it out and when to go ahead and grab the ticket!!

Student Universe is handy if you buy your tickets like 6 months in advance, otherwise its hellaa pricey!

With travelocity though, you can choose your seats in the plane!! :)

...i dont think iver ever used anything else...