• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Coed Team Starting in THE NYC

campy614

Good evening everyone.

So for the longest time, I've been wanting to start up a coed team in New York. At one point, I've asked friends if they were interested, and at another I've almost had a full team together. But nothing happened. It was just a bad time (between work, AEG, family issues)... that and I was scared to put myself out there.

Well, that's all changed. So I want to raise interest and, finally, start this team. I'm looking for experienced dancers who have Saturdays free and live in or around the NYC area. Anyone not from the area but still interested, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out (also depending on dance experience). Try outs will be after New Years, and the location will be disclosed at a later date.

For those who don't know me, my name's Joe. I've been dancing bhangra for 5 and a half years now. I've spent 4 years with BX Bhangra and 2 and a half years with Anakh-E-Gabroo. I do have captain experience, and I know what I'm looking for with the routine and with my dancers. I also have experience with hip-hop, salsa, and other dance styles.

I'm looking for experienced and dedicated dancers willing to try something new and fun.

Please send me a PM if you're interested. I will updated this thread with try-out location, time, and date. I look forward to meeting those interested.

Ciao!

ahmad

campy614 said:
Good evening everyone.

So for the longest time, I've been wanting to start up a coed team in New York. At one point, I've asked friends if they were interested, and at another I've almost had a full team together. But nothing happened. It was just a bad time (between work, AEG, family issues)... that and I was scared to put myself out there.

Well, that's all changed. So I want to raise interest and, finally, start this team. I'm looking for experienced dancers who have Saturdays free and live in or around the NYC area. Anyone not from the area but still interested, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out (also depending on dance experience). Try outs will be after New Years, and the location will be disclosed at a later date.

For those who don't know me, my name's Joe. I've been dancing bhangra for 5 and a half years now. I've spent 4 years with BX Bhangra and 2 and a half years with Anakh-E-Gabroo. I do have captain experience, and I know what I'm looking for with the routine and with my dancers. I also have experience with hip-hop, salsa, and other dance styles.

I'm looking for experienced and dedicated dancers willing to try something new and fun.

Please send me a PM if you're interested. I will updated this thread with try-out location, time, and date. I look forward to meeting those interested.

Ciao!
JOE FOR PRESIDENT!

campy614

Swi, let me know if you're serious.

Also, along with all of this information-I need outfits, a mix, the whole works.

Anyone reading this who knows someone who can do outfits, please let me know. I think I know who I'm going to ask for this, but I'd like to see my options.

I also have several friends who are very talented when it comes to mixing, but I don't want to be a burden on them. Especially if they are dancing (cough::cough), I'd rather them focus on practicing than working on our mix. So, with all this said, let me know if you have skills and or if you know someone who does.

justAguy

^chilllan w/ AMY GOODMAN in my pic wooo im famous^
NYC has a kickassssss coed team , their last performance they rockedddd it ---- NYU !!!! srsly bih performance was sick. Wasnt the typical vcu wanabe coed college team lookin identical to the last boring coed performance w three colors three lines n miss pooja songs etc ..
they brought it w a lovely n refreshing performqance !

So u should join forces them joe !!! If not then gluckkk have a blast. Id warn u n tell u to stay away from desi gurls. BUTCHUALREADYKNOWWWWW

justAguy

^chilllan w/ AMY GOODMAN in my pic wooo im famous^
n look out for my gurls w VDP they gona make lady liberty look like a gnome brrratttttttt

campy614

Hahaa dude, I'm out of college (and didn't go to NYU anyway).

This is for those who're grown and sexy (or those who are still in college and want to try something new).

I assure you that you're in for quite a surprise at all the tricks I have up my sleeve. You won't be disappointed.

Navkarn

word on the street is theres complementary ravioli and lasagna after every practice.

joe da joe da best