• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Columbia Bhangra Mix 2014-2015 aka. That Fire

nkrishnan

If you're looking for that fire, look no further. My mom listened to this and said it was bangin' so it must be. Some things you should know when you download this:
  • Do you like Game of Thrones? Got some shit for you
  • Are you into some bangin ass beats? Should definitely download this
  • Do you like transitions that are smooth as a baby's bottom? Well some of them aren't, I'm human
  • Do you like the "Get It On The Floor" instrumental? Of course you fucking do. Too bad, it's not in here.
All feedback is good feedback, but don't say anything bad or give any critiques even if they are constructive because I will cry.

On some real, this is my last bhangra mix most likely (unless there's a mixing ladder *wink wink*), but it's been fun doing it and I definitely learned a lot. Whoever is making multiple mixes simultaneously while also working, I have gained 500x more respect for you. Even though I'm hanging up the headphones, if anyone has questions about Logic Pro (tip 1: don't start with Logic Pro) feel free to hit me up.

Otherwise enjoy the mix (or don't, whatever floats your boat)

P.S. Just kidding about the feedback thing
P.P.S Shameless plug, I write a music newsletter 3x a week with the freshest tunes available, sign up: eepurl.com/_E_91

Attachments

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
nkrishnan said:
On some real, this is my last bhangra mix most likely (unless there's a mixing ladder *wink wink*), but it's been fun doing it and I definitely learned a lot.
This new is so sad to hear Nikhil. Another great mixer leaving us :(

I always loved to hear what you put out and the creativity that you used. Most of all, your mixes sounded quite clean (i.e. transitions didn't sound "forced"), which means to me that you really worked hard on them.

This "final" Columbia bhangra mix from you is no different - sounds hot and flows so well. Will definitely bump it. Thanks for putting out such great mixes for so many of us to enjoy.

I'm hopeful for another mixing ladder that is bit easier to manage so that you can participate again! Until then, I hope you stick around the forum as you've always participated and given great advice to others in the mixing scene.

All the best my friend,

~ Basim :)

rbansal4494

I was a huge fan of columbia's mix last year and this year is no different, it's straight fire!! Definitely going to be bumping this one a lot!!

nkrishnan

Swi said:
I heard Swizz Beatz's tag and I got so confused, fuck lol
I knew that was going to happen lol. I even tried to find a better way to replace it but at a certain I was just like "eh, fuck it I'm sure he won't care"

Saab

Today is a gift
Been a big fan of columbias mixes over the past couple of years. The music has consistently evolved and the sound is damn fresh. Sampling is varied and random, and the formula for the mix never feels cliched. Great work!

Also, I am still in shock that you sampled grillz LOL.