• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Cornell Bhangra @ Bhangra Fever II (HD View enclosed)

ban3rg

Hey all,

Here is our video from this past weekend. We had a great time performing and want to thank the Fever committee for their great hospitality. We all had a great weekend and a great time performing at Fever! Thanks to Ricky and Havish for help tying paggan! Any comments/constructive feedback is much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gboQs-hMUiU

And of course, a HUGE THANKS to Iqwak of Klasikhz for the mix. If you have not heard his new Recession Mixtape from www.klasikhz.com then please do so before watching this video or doing anything else :)

EDIT: With HD View below - thanks to Rochester's Team for this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKaQ5nortc

ban3rg

Re: Cornell Bhangra @ Bhangra Fever II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RANm6ofJcgM

it's Tera Pyar by Miss Pooja and Darshan Khela mixed with Show Me My Opponent (particularly the version from Klasikhz'z album Startingh From Scratch I think)

dheerja

Quick comments because I'm at work and people keep looking at me strangely as I watch bhangra vids :)

I really really really like this set. I don't know who does your choreo (Arjun if it's you huge props), but the whole routine is choreographed very tastefully. There are so many moments in the choreo where I stop and think "that was cute!" or "nice! never seen that before", which never happens during coed routines anymore. I like that you guys think outside the box while keeping it traditional, and don't try to emulate other teams. I think there's one part where you go into a squat and come out into some unique footwork that really stood out to me.

Moving forward for Blowout and wherever else you guys are headed, don't change a single thing about the set. Focus on your dancers and the execution of the entire routine. At this point you have a really great routine that could completely kill it, as long as you spend the rest of your time on execution. The energy was there but at times it was the wrong kind of energy. It was channeled to the point where arms were all over the place, instead of focusing on cleanliness. And every single jump throughout the entire dance should be a "butt-kick" (dheerja trademark term). It really takes away when you have so many jumps and squats and you can see legs getting lazy, backs bent forward, etc. Focus on keeping arms extended, backs straight, legs high throughout the entire dance. The girls especially start cutting off arm movements and don't finish moves towards the end of the dance.

Anyway so much for my quick review :) But basically I really love this set and you have plenty of time to perfect the execution of it. If you focus on that instead of changing the routine itself you guys will not only bring back Cornell domination but you'll be a top contender at any competition this spring. Also I'm sure you're already planning on it, but take out the graffiti gimmick now, it's been way too long!

Nice job guys, a well deserved placing, keep up the good work!

campy614

I have to agree with Dheerja. The more I see this routine, the more I really enjoy it. I LOVE the fact that you kept it tasteful, entertaining, and playful at the same time.

I'd say work on energy and execution. I was watching from backstage and some of your dancers seemed to be lacking energy.

Keep the routine, work on perfecting it. Love it.

Kartik

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the comments so far, we just got an HD version of this performance from a good camera angle so check it out and let us know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKaQ5nortc

Piarpreet Kaur

sangeensingh said:
the "wooooo!" 's are annoying!
ya they kinda are...lol

i see what u guys are saying bout the energy but the routine was pretty awesome...

chijatt

Yellow jodhi needs to tone the energy a bit - not necessarily a bad thing but he's noticeably cutting steps because hes goin buck wild especially in the khunde segment.

Really liked the set on the whole guys

Amit we gonna get buck wild at E8 son

Billy Bob

I personally like the Berg performance much better. This dance seemed more sloppy for sure and the dancers need a lil work (stay wide!).

There are small things that make a routine more folk and often times makes it look much better. For example, when you're doing the faisla segment (4:00 to 4:10), look at the foot work. You start off with the correct footwork by keeping your legs apart, sway and kick back (the traditional footwork), BUT this quickly turns into the dancers simply skipping with a narrow stance (lazy/tiredness) instead of keeping the same footwork. Anyways, its these small things that you should focus on and will make your dance look much better. Be thorough with all your moves and dont get lazy.

Also keep all the guys' feet wider and stay more broad chested and it'll show more control.

Good work tho, very creative, formation concepts were great.

Piarpreet Kaur

Billy Bob said:
I personally like the Berg performance much better. This dance seemed more sloppy for sure and the dancers need a lil work (stay wide!).

There are small things that make a routine more folk and often times makes it look much better. For example, when you're doing the faisla segment (4:00 to 4:10), look at the foot work. You start off with the correct footwork by keeping your legs apart, sway and kick back (the traditional footwork), BUT this quickly turns into the dancers simply skipping with a narrow stance (lazy/tiredness) instead of keeping the same footwork. Anyways, its these small things that you should focus on and will make your dance look much better. Be thorough with all your moves and dont get lazy.

Also keep all the guys' feet wider and stay more broad chested and it'll show more control.

Wow.... when bhangra gets al theoretical you kind lose the fun...but its true it makes the dancer look so much stronger and precise

Don

Piarpreet Kaur said:
Billy Bob said:

Wow.... when bhangra gets al theoretical you kind lose the fun...but its true it makes the dancer look so much stronger and precise
doing correctly is more fun

ban3rg

Savik Singh Walia said:
yo on 2:18 the guy is the yellow.. i think he ripped his chadra accidentally rite?
we pin the chaadre a little bit above the bottom border of it. ironically, the reason for pinning is to minimize parts of ur leg/thigh showing through. so his knee poked through that "hole" - instead of being two flaps down the middle its two flaps connected by a pin at the bottom so that made the hole =) yeah i know, too much skinnnn for our tastes, hahaha it was a small wardrobe malfxn thats all - the chaadra is in fine condition :)

Billy Bob

Piarpreet Kaur said:
Billy Bob said:

Its not 'theoretical' its just being thorough. Its these kinds of things that seperate good teams from great.

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Arjun said:
Savik Singh Walia said:
yo on 2:18 the guy is the yellow.. i think he ripped his chadra accidentally rite?
we pin the chaadre a little bit above the bottom border of it. ironically, the reason for pinning is to minimize parts of ur leg/thigh showing through. so his knee poked through that "hole" - instead of being two flaps down the middle its two flaps connected by a pin at the bottom so that made the hole =) yeah i know, too much skinnnn for our tastes, hahaha it was a small wardrobe malfxn thats all - the chaadra is in fine condition :)
you could also put a pin or two midway up to prevent the hole