• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

DCBC at Bayside Bhangra

DCBC

Here is our video from Bayside Bhangra this past weekend. Constructive feedback is always appreciated!

Shout outs to Kiran and Nilam, our liaisons - we genuinely appreciated all your help and we had a lot of fun hanging out with both of you. Thanks to Vince and Hasneet for all your cooperation with our team before and during the competition.

DCBC had an amazing time in Tampa and we all would highly recommend this competition to all teams - very well-organized, extremely helpful/nice staff members, and great competition overall. Our long trip from DC was completely worth it in every way :)

All of us on DCBC just wanted to take a minute and recognize the great job SMD did this past weekend - we hope Juhi recovers soon! We all truly admire your team's strength and determination and it was great finally to meet you all. Also, thanks to KPGD for lending us your balloons after ours flew away and to PDAP for the last minute prop save backstage. It was great hanging out with all the teams and wish we could have stayed in Tampa longer!

DCBC @ Bayside Bhangra

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Your number one issue: cleanliness. It's clear from the video that your girls don't ALL practice individually, at home, in the mirror (as evidenced by about a dozen individual mistakes).

Your number two issue: Energy. At the end of a set, I always test a team by how nasty they are for the ending. Your team seemed tired.

Fix those two things, and you will be on your way to being elite.

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Hold the shykke a few inches lower... I feel like you're playing the shykka in front of your face... just a bit lower might also help some girls open up bigger too

I didn't get to watch the rest of the video but I'm looking forward to it =) I like the twists you added so far. Congrats!!!

meeto0514

Hey!

We would really love to get some more constructive feedback to make our set better/stronger.. please tell us what you think! :)

AbdulRahmanHashimie

A. Aulakh said:
AbdulRahmanHashimie said:
song at 5:35?
dj sanj - mitran di jaan

thanks! :D

and as far as my feedback goes i thought the set was sickk and it was a well deserved second placed!! the only apparent mistakes i saw were: the drop at the end of your kunde segment, the fumbling for some girls to grab their weaves at the "whip my hair" part, and the cleanliness near the end. besides that though i loved the synchronicity, creativity, and nakhra all throughout the performance :) keep killin' it DCBC !!!

SunnyR

Finally got time to watch this video properly, and I must say that the DCBC girls have come a long way to being one of the top all-girls team in the bhangra circuit. this routine was str8 up fiiiiireeeee. the team definitely made improvements from UBC, and while there are definitely little things to work on, i would have to say that this is the best routine that DCBC as performed, and that this is one of the best all-girls routine i have seen in a while.

now for the individual sections:

SAAPS: energetic. entertaining. money. the spinning aanda formation was pretty cool, and all the girls look pretty in sync and energetic for the opening segment. legs seemed pretty high for the appropriate moves, and it was nice to see that the batkaans (squats) were done properly as well. the song is sickkk too, what is it? haha and the girl in the pink who's in the front, her nakhra is aaaaaaaitteeeeee :p jk crush as alwayssss

KHUNDA: i personally love this song and have enjoyed watching DCBC's choreo to this segment. I felt like the girls could have been a little more in sync after the double spin, but other than that, another energetic segment. While I do like this segment, however, maybe it's time for DCBC to bring a fresh new khunda segment for the next routine!?!?!?!? haha

JHUMMAR: quite possibly one of my favorite segments in any routine in a long time. for some reason, i LOVED the choreo to the song and i thought the girls executed the moves, footwork, and grace to near-perfection. a lot of really subtle, yet unique steps were incorporated into the segment (i.e. spinning on one knee looked pretty tight). i don't mean to take anything away from the other girls on the team because I really think that all 12 girls executed the jhummar choreo really, really well, and this just might be due to the fact that the pink jodi girls are in the front, but DAMNNN the pink girls str8 up KILLED this segment. Neha and Amna, WTFFFFFOMGGGGGG i'm not even sure what to say about how badly you two just rippped this part. sick job you two! and to the rest of the girls as well.

Fast Jhummar/Whip my Hair/Teray Hussan De Maare: girls in the yellow are killing the beginning fast jhummar moves with their high legs, looks sickkk. Whip My Hair was a good addition that elicited a nice crowd response, and i loved seeing the second phumniyan (whatever its called lol) after luddi for Teray Hussan De Maare. Formations look pretty spot on/clean at this point, and there's definitely a good variation. Anmol crusshingg it at the chorus with her energy as always!!

Dhol Jageero Da: sick throwback. love the way Neha does the move where she's moving across stage to the middle (looks nastyy). Also, Mansi str8 up ripping jugni in the frontttttttt !!!! #1 jodi MANSI GANDHI YO YO hahahahahaha crushing it GMU style!!!! i think energy could have been a little more consistent as a team for this segment, but still a strong segment.

Rest of the routine (sorry but I don't know all the individual songs lol): Formations in the next song definitely look tyteeee. Energy seems to have been picked up by the team as a whole, and the "Sheela Ki Jawani" segment is another cool addition haha. Phumniyan for the next song done in a unique way, so that was definitely nice to see. Pataniyan and Dhamaal seem pretty strong as well. Girl in blue on the right: crushing pataniyan, sicksicksick. For the majority of the girls, I see high legs, but maybe could work on having all the girls bounce their shoulders a little more, which is CRUCIAL in making dhamaal look entertaining, energetic, and powerful. Next: Aashiq Dig Dig Remix, SICK SONG and sick choreo, thought this was one of the stronger segments of the dance. Girl in yellow in the back at 7:42 doing that clapping move: CRUSH. LOVED IT. SICK. Ending segment was also executed well, and one thing i was happy to see was that the energy for the ending moves was a huge improvement from past performances. While i definitely think that the energy in the ending segment could still improve even more to make to maintain a fluid consistency amongst all the girls, certain moves (i.e. the baitkaans in the end) indeed looked pretty powerful and energetic.

Overall, I thought that this was a well-designed set with sick choreo and formations. I definitely think that you can see the "DCBC style" present in this routine, and I have to disagree with what someone posted above: this routine, to me, looked fairly clean for the most part. Energy at certain segments can definitely improve, but for the most part, I thought this was the most energetic and entertaining DCBC performance I have seen. KEEP ON CRUSHING girlss, good job!

AnkurK

SunnyR said:
Finally got time to watch this video properly, and I must say that the DCBC girls have come a long way to being one of the top all-girls team in the bhangra circuit. this routine was str8 up fiiiiireeeee. the team definitely made improvements from UBC, and while there are definitely little things to work on, i would have to say that this is the best routine that DCBC as performed, and that this is one of the best all-girls routine i have seen in a while.

now for the individual sections:

SAAPS: energetic. entertaining. money. the spinning aanda formation was pretty cool, and all the girls look pretty in sync and energetic for the opening segment. legs seemed pretty high for the appropriate moves, and it was nice to see that the batkaans (squats) were done properly as well. the song is sickkk too, what is it? haha and the girl in the pink who's in the front, her nakhra is aaaaaaaitteeeeee :p jk crush as alwayssss

KHUNDA: i personally love this song and have enjoyed watching DCBC's choreo to this segment. I felt like the girls could have been a little more in sync after the double spin, but other than that, another energetic segment. While I do like this segment, however, maybe it's time for DCBC to bring a fresh new khunda segment for the next routine!?!?!?!? haha

JHUMMAR: quite possibly one of my favorite segments in any routine in a long time. for some reason, i LOVED the choreo to the song and i thought the girls executed the moves, footwork, and grace to near-perfection. a lot of really subtle, yet unique steps were incorporated into the segment (i.e. spinning on one knee looked pretty tight). i don't mean to take anything away from the other girls on the team because I really think that all 12 girls executed the jhummar choreo really, really well, and this just might be due to the fact that the pink jodi girls are in the front, but DAMNNN the pink girls str8 up KILLED this segment. Neha and Amna, WTFFFFFOMGGGGGG i'm not even sure what to say about how badly you two just rippped this part. sick job you two! and to the rest of the girls as well.

Fast Jhummar/Whip my Hair/Teray Hussan De Maare: girls in the yellow are killing the beginning fast jhummar moves with their high legs, looks sickkk. Whip My Hair was a good addition that elicited a nice crowd response, and i loved seeing the second phumniyan (whatever its called lol) after luddi for Teray Hussan De Maare. Formations look pretty spot on/clean at this point, and there's definitely a good variation. Anmol crusshingg it at the chorus with her energy as always!!

Dhol Jageero Da: sick throwback. love the way Neha does the move where she's moving across stage to the middle (looks nastyy). Also, Mansi str8 up ripping jugni in the frontttttttt !!!! #1 jodi MANSI GANDHI YO YO hahahahahaha crushing it GMU style!!!! i think energy could have been a little more consistent as a team for this segment, but still a strong segment.

Rest of the routine (sorry but I don't know all the individual songs lol): Formations in the next song definitely look tyteeee. Energy seems to have been picked up by the team as a whole, and the "Sheela Ki Jawani" segment is another cool addition haha. Phumniyan for the next song done in a unique way, so that was definitely nice to see. Pataniyan and Dhamaal seem pretty strong as well. Girl in blue on the right: crushing pataniyan, sicksicksick. For the majority of the girls, I see high legs, but maybe could work on having all the girls bounce their shoulders a little more, which is CRUCIAL in making dhamaal look entertaining, energetic, and powerful. Next: Aashiq Dig Dig Remix, SICK SONG and sick choreo, thought this was one of the stronger segments of the dance. Girl in yellow in the back at 7:42 doing that clapping move: CRUSH. LOVED IT. SICK. Ending segment was also executed well, and one thing i was happy to see was that the energy for the ending moves was a huge improvement from past performances. While i definitely think that the energy in the ending segment could still improve even more to make to maintain a fluid consistency amongst all the girls, certain moves (i.e. the baitkaans in the end) indeed looked pretty powerful and energetic.

Overall, I thought that this was a well-designed set with sick choreo and formations. I definitely think that you can see the "DCBC style" present in this routine, and I have to disagree with what someone posted above: this routine, to me, looked fairly clean for the most part. Energy at certain segments can definitely improve, but for the most part, I thought this was the most energetic and entertaining DCBC performance I have seen. KEEP ON CRUSHING girlss, good job!
lol